Late 80's Mustang, WRX, and some Schnauzers

This is a discussion on Late 80's Mustang, WRX, and some Schnauzers within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; First Kill (if you want to call it that) I went to my wife's side of the family for Easter ...

Late 80's Mustang, WRX, and some Schnauzers

First Kill (if you want to call it that)
    I went to my wife's side of the family for Easter dinner. All of the in-laws were there including my wife's second cousin, Chris. Chris drives a late 80's mustang (no V8) and wanted to race my WRX. I told him it only had 300 miles on it and I couldn't take it over 4K. That made him to race even more. I told him I would give it a shot but wasn't going to go over 4k rmps and was going to granny shift the whole way.

The first race, I almost stalled in first, trying a little too hard to go easy on the engine. I passed him in second and had about 3 bus lengths by the end of third (at 4k mind you).

The second race I got a better start. Nice and easy until the car was rolling then gave her a little gas. He pulled ahead half a car length off the line for about 2 seconds until I gave it some gas and passed him. Neither race was even close. I have about 600 miles left before I can start racing cars that aren't ragged out and 2 decades old.

After we finished racing, we had dinner and he went home to get his dog. He has a mini schnauzer like mine who we had brought to the gathering. Once he brought his dog in, my dog ran over, leaped into the air and came down on his dog growling and snarling (she's never done anything like that before, she must have known that chris owned a mustang). His little dog was so afraid that it crapped on the floor before I could pull my dog off. Chris went home knowing that his car wasn't fast and his dog was a wimp. Sorry Chris

At the end of the day, the score was my family 2 wife's family 0.
    "This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"
    ~Lance Armstrong~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Late 80's Mustang, WRX, and some Schnauzers

Originally posted by f1oored
    my dog ran over, leaped into the air and came down on his dog growling and snarling (she's never done anything like that before, she must have known that chris owned a mustang).
    Haha, nice. I have one also, best dog ever.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dcp_3612.jpg  

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    haha the late 80s non v8 stangs had 88hp 4cyl engines.
    2003 SRT-4