Some Civic vs WRX

This is a discussion on Some Civic vs WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got a 02WRX 4eat with uppipe and TBE. Not sure what the Civic had cause it was night time. ...

Some Civic vs WRX

I got a 02WRX 4eat with uppipe and TBE. Not sure what the Civic had cause it was night time. I saw a ton of Gauges glowing tho but im 100% sure the car wasnt blown. Start off on the freeway,
    heading out last night with 2 other people in the car plus some stuff in the trunk(this is the excuse ill use to make myself feel better ). He was only one in car that i could see.

Starts off......He miss shifted, i think he screwed up because his car lunged forward and started smoking. Im thinking he went from 4th to 2nd at around 70MPH. So after he got that taken care of we line up again. Id have to say i was impressed a bit. I really dont consider my car fast (14.3) but he was pulling a tad bit. He'd pull about a half a car length. Granted all these races were from 70-90 and that was it. But he won them.

Hoping the stage 2 accessport flash will get me in the 13's. Defeats like this had me searching for VF34's and injectors. I really dont like to lose to N/A civics, even tho it was from a high speed roll where WRX's suffer the most.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Actually, the WRX is pretty fast from 70 to 90 if you keep it in 3rd gear. What gear were you in?

Edit - I just noticed that this was an automatic transmission. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Rich10; 04-11-2004 at 07:34 PM.
    2002 WRX WRB

I have the 4eat. I did have it in third. I really do think it was i had people and crap in my car. I got a speaker box, had some bags, full tank of gas, 3 people total in car.

I realize if i was alone and wasnt loaded up with weight it would of been different but i still dont like losing to N/A Civics regardless of my situation.

This isnt a "watch out WRX owners N/A Civics will beat you post"

nice race keep modding i have some good friends that would pull nicely against stage 4 wrx's in there na civics. can't win em all

2nd gear is really tall on the 4eat.

I've had it out to 70 at roune 6500rpm i think. . .
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    guy coulda had anything in his car...

too hard to write this off as a "shoulda won" or "coulda won" because civics are becoming mystery machines...LOL, 90% of them just have bolt ons, but with so many engine swaps, turbo kits, etc etc...you never know.
    2003 SRT-4

well you had an automatic...5MT wouldnt havelost that.
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

He was packin NAWS

Originally posted by Samirr76
    how so? My friends 4eat stays dead even with an MT WRX with the same mods after getting an little jump. From a roll the 4eat is no worse. From a dig its a little different, but you can always launch...

Originally posted by Samirr76
    Well if im not mistaken the auto is only .2 seconds slower. But i agree from the speed it wouldnt of mattered. I think he did spray. Cause it wasnt a go instantly type of thing. He came up the side of me and i threw him a rev and then 10 seconds later he decided to go.

Another thing was there was no signal. I waited til i heard him go WOT before i punched it.