my STi encounter

This is a discussion on my STi encounter within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm driving home on Thursday doing the speed limit, when up pulls next to me was an STi. He ...

WRX

my STi encounter

So I'm driving home on Thursday doing the speed limit, when up pulls next to me was an STi. He had a huge exhaust that was twice the size of mine, and his car was about twice as loud. It was sweet. I looked over and tried to give him a thumbs up, but the dude didn't even look over. Well, whatever, I thought and he was going a bit faster than I was, so I let him go. After a while, he was stopped ahead at a red, and I was pulling up to him. Just as I rolled up, I tried again to look over and give him the thumbs up, but the light turned green and he gunned it. I really REALLY wanted to, but since I recently got a ticket, I didn't want to press my luck. I was sooooo damn lucky I didn't hit it, because coming the other way was John Q. Law. He quickly pulled a u-turn and flew past me to pull over the STi. Poor guy. I guess he should've waved.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah I dont get why some people are so anti-social on the road, not even to acknowledge another Impreza driver?

Guess he thought he was all big and bad in his STi
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

You do know you can fight a ticket if a cop gives you one when he is coming at you from the opposite direction right? Most cops never run radar guns whlie they are driving, you cant get an accurate reading facing a car staright on which is why they all wait on the side of the road. I have one hell of a radar detector so I don't worry about it much but i know people who have fought and won tix like that, it is impossible to get accurate reading that way.

WRX
    I'm sure he wasn't giving him a ticket for speeding, he probably got him for "contest of speed" or something.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

contest of speed = teh racing??

Originally posted by Samirr76
    Yeah I dont get why some people are so anti-social on the road, not even to acknowledge another Impreza driver?

Maybe he didn't even notice and was zoned out, I know I do that sometimes. Also around here if you look into the car next to you it usually mean you wanna race. Alot of times I refrain from looking since I don't wanna get into a street race

contest of speeding normally means handcuffs and teh back seat of the 5-0
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by wewu
    Also around here if you look into the car next to you it usually mean you wanna race.
    In some parts of the country, it means "I am looking to get shot."

I had an encounter today. I was on my way back from Auto Zone and these two cars that were following each other got next to me. One of the cars was a modded Integra Type r and the other a modded Civic. Both had exhaust mods, after market wheels, etc.

They were looking me over big time (like it was the first STi they had ever scene).
    I just ignored them because I was a little freaked out by their agressive style (fast and furious like). The guy in the Integra got right next to me and then nailed it. He jumped about 3-4 cars in front of me while I just continued going the speed limit. Then the guy in the Civic pulled along side of me and did basically the same. I just ignored them and stayed behind them.
    I stayed behind them until my exit a little up the road.
    They probably thought I was either too good for them or afraid of them. Who knows?

I didn't race them because we were in an extremely high risk area for cops. I had just seen a cop pull someone over in that area 15 minutes earlier. You are almost garenteed to get busted racing down this street. So I just played it cool, which is hard for me to do.

But I always wave to a WRX owners. Whats wierd is about 3/4 of the WRX's owners ignore me. The opposite of what happened to you. I guess not everyone understands the Suby brotherhood.

Originally posted by Samirr76

I was JUST about to create a thread about this! This morning on my way to work I see an STi with a custom plate so I'm like oh cool another Subaru owner so I beep and wave and he just looks at me like wtf?

Round 2: Last week I'm driving a few friends home when I see h.i.d.s coming up on me fast...and I can see they're 04 WRX lights, he flies pasted me and I see its an STi. I pull to a light with him and I'm like "Hey" and he just nods like yeah get away from me, I was forced to use scare tactics and burn all 4 wheels in front of him in order to get his attention...did it work? No. But it was fun none the less.
    SIRacing.Net

Originally posted by yermom
    heh, fairlady

does not sound like a fast car, no wonder they changed the name for the US market

I give respect to most Subie owners but most have no idea whats going on. I have talked to a few GC8 owners and such and most act cool.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by WRX
    I'm sure he wasn't giving him a ticket for speeding, he probably got him for "contest of speed" or something.
    Up here in Maine the charge could simply be "excessive acceleration."

excessive acceleration? Next I'll start getting tickets for my car being "too sexy".

I believe here in CO it's called "display of power"
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

It's kinda funny. When I'm driving in my rex everybody that I see driving another Impreza is probably mid to late 40's in my area. But any time I see one I wave. Actually anytime I see a car where I think the people in them knows cars I wave and normally get one in return.