Forester XT vs. Pontiac GTP

This is a discussion on Forester XT vs. Pontiac GTP within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I lined up at a light with some younger guy in a Pontiac GTP. I don't know much about them ...

str

Forester XT vs. Pontiac GTP

I lined up at a light with some younger guy in a Pontiac GTP. I don't know much about them other than that they are supercharged. Anyway, I don't think he was trying to race at first but at this light the two lanes change into one at about 1/4 mile or so, maybe less up the road. We both started of normally and then he gunned it to get ahead. I stomped it in first, immedietly caught up and passed him by about 1 car or so gong into third (wiich is about 50mph in my car. By the time the lanes merged into one I had about 2 cars or more on it when I slowed at about 80mph.

We lined up one more time at the next intersection when it became two lanes again. I was ready this time and launched like a cannon, it wasn't even close. I had an easy 2-3 cars by 70mph.
    My Forester rules off the line.
    2004 Black Forester XT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill, I'm sure he was surprised. I still kind of wish my GF got a XT instead of the mini s. The XT was just too expensive when "loaded" which only included a few options. She would have went for an automatic anyway which would be a waste IMO.

We testdrove an auto XT and it was unimpressive. Besides the auto transmission it also had a blinking CEL from just being delivered. So take my comment with a big grain of salt. Too bad we couldnt test drive a manual.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel

I Support ClubWRX
    Good kill.

Too bad you couldn't test drive a manual with no CEL...they're pretty damn fast. Best sleepar evar.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

str
    I never drove an automatic, but my 5-speed is quick as hell.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by JRod

We testdrove an auto XT and it was unimpressive. Besides the auto transmission it also had a blinking CEL from just being delivered. So take my comment with a big grain of salt. Too bad we couldnt test drive a manual.
    PlatinumWRX and I went to the local Subaru dealership here on LI to test drive an STi, but they wouldn't let us, but they said they would let us drive a Forrester XT, so we got excited. They pulled one around, and it was an auto, AND in diagnostic mode. We just chuckled and walked away.

Back on topic, nice kill, str! I really wanna see one of these in action, seems like they can really move
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

str
    Yeah, I'm really impressed with my XT. It really feels quicker than my old WRX Wagon. There's alot less turbo lag and the power kicks in at much lower rpm's. Still, it's not a highway car and is quickest from a dead stop. I can't say much for the handling, it sure doesn't corner like a WRX, but man is it quick off the line.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by JRod
    Nice kill, I'm sure he was surprised. I still kind of wish my GF got a XT instead of the mini s. The XT was just too expensive when "loaded" which only included a few options. She would have went for an automatic anyway which would be a waste IMO.
    The mini s only comes in MT right? then she should of got the XT with MT then.

Originally posted by fourstardrift
    The mini s only comes in MT right? then she should of got the XT with MT then.
    She liked the mini S enough to learn stick on it since she didnt have a choice with the transmission. The forrester XT didnt appeal to her as much. Even if she went for the XT, she would have still opted for the auto since its available. I know it doesnt make much sense, oh well.
    2002 WRX Sedan-Silver
    Turbo XS UTEC Stage IV (VF34)+TMIC, STI RA gears, Exedy clutch/flywheel