STi vs. F150

This is a discussion on STi vs. F150 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; As usual, my story has to start long before the race itself... For whatever reason, Lauderdale County has my STi ...

STi vs. F150

As usual, my story has to start long before the race itself...

For whatever reason, Lauderdale County has my STi listed as a 2-door car. I had to go get that little slip fixed, and paid to renew tags on both my cars while there. Afterwards, I went to get some distilled water for the IC spray tank.

On the way, I saw ahead of me a silver F150, not a Lightning, with awful looking blackout taillight covers and a really loud exhaust. I've been wanting to run something, but didn't think it would be him. I passed him since I didn't know he was going to try to run. As I passed him, he revved up his mighty automatic by stomping the gas and then slamming the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. Then he gets in behind me and cuts me off to get around the car he was behind just before, so he can get the spot in front at the upcoming light. Since I had no open spot, I got in behind him.

Light changes and Mr. Mullet (literally) chirps his tires taking off. I go half throttle and pace behind him and change lanes with him to get the open lane at the next light. Light changes and he tries taking off again, so I pace again but don't pass. This goes on for a while, with him hauling as fast as he can down the road while I don't top 5 over the speed limit.

I see the turn for Wal-Mart ahead and need to take it. Truck is the vehicle in my way, so I got over a lane and got on the gas a little, shooting for minimal speed to get by but he guns it too. And so, of course, I punch it and blow by him like he put it in reverse. Then he pulled the typical rice-by to try and prove his manhood is big, or something ridiculous like that.

I'm willing to bet he thought I was some stupid ricer and he'd teach me a thing or two. Looks like it didn't work out so well. He needs to learn his cars. Had he been in a Lightning, I could see behavior a little more like that, since it could have been a decent race.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Haha, nice slaughter. What is it with the F-150 guys, anyway? See my thread for another lovely Ford pickup encounter.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

crazy wheaters never learn hehe

Originally posted by Integra96
    Haha, nice slaughter. What is it with the F-150 guys, anyway? See my thread for another lovely Ford pickup encounter.
    As bad as this sounds, a lot of people DO think noise equates to speed, so the louder the truck, the faster it must be. I suspect he was one, but I don't know him so can't say for certain. His passengers were pointing and laughing until they got passed. He would have fared just as well to run me from a stop with his truck in reverse.

This is one of the rare times I actually open up on the street...I don't do that much anymore.

RN

Re: STi vs. F150

Originally posted by renichms
    As usual, my story has to start long before the race itself...

For whatever reason, Lauderdale County has my STi listed as a 2-door car. I had to go get that little slip fixed, and paid to renew tags on both my cars while there. Afterwards, I went to get some distilled water for the IC spray tank.

On the way, I saw ahead of me a silver F150, not a Lightning, with awful looking blackout taillight covers and a really loud exhaust. I've been wanting to run something, but didn't think it would be him. I passed him since I didn't know he was going to try to run. As I passed him, he revved up his mighty automatic by stomping the gas and then slamming the brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of him. Then he gets in behind me and cuts me off to get around the car he was behind just before, so he can get the spot in front at the upcoming light. Since I had no open spot, I got in behind him.

Light changes and Mr. Mullet (literally) chirps his tires taking off. I go half throttle and pace behind him and change lanes with him to get the open lane at the next light. Light changes and he tries taking off again, so I pace again but don't pass. This goes on for a while, with him hauling as fast as he can down the road while I don't top 5 over the speed limit.

I see the turn for Wal-Mart ahead and need to take it. Truck is the vehicle in my way, so I got over a lane and got on the gas a little, shooting for minimal speed to get by but he guns it too. And so, of course, I punch it and blow by him like he put it in reverse. Then he pulled the typical rice-by to try and prove his manhood is big, or something ridiculous like that.

I'm willing to bet he thought I was some stupid ricer and he'd teach me a thing or two. Looks like it didn't work out so well. He needs to learn his cars. Had he been in a Lightning, I could see behavior a little more like that, since it could have been a decent race.

RN
    luaderdale thats in florida right? u no any good places 2 race down here? theres cops every where???

Re: Re: STi vs. F150

Originally posted by wrx89
    luaderdale thats in florida right? u no any good places 2 race down here? theres cops every where???
    Lauderdale in Alabama.

RN

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by renichms
    As bad as this sounds, a lot of people DO think noise equates to speed, so the louder the truck, the faster it must be. I suspect he was one, but I don't know him so can't say for certain. His passengers were pointing and laughing until they got passed.

RN
    True. Definite redneck mentality. Then again, in Bama, you must run into that a lot. (not ripping on Alabama, I've been there many times )

Oh, what's with your avatar, renich? I can't tell what that is.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Originally posted by Integra96
    True. Definite redneck mentality. Then again, in Bama, you must run into that a lot. (not ripping on Alabama, I've been there many times )

Oh, what's with your avatar, renich? I can't tell what that is.
    Literal kill. Found that huge frog wedged in the front of the car, under some leaves. Someone else pulled it out. Apparently, when I straddled one one night to avoid crushing it, it jumped too high.

RN