run in with a mustang

This is a discussion on run in with a mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i'm driving back home and i see a black SVT cobra mustang convertible ahead of me so i think to ...

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX

run in with a mustang

i'm driving back home and i see a black SVT cobra mustang convertible ahead of me so i think to myself "hey why not lets see how i measure up" so i follow him to the stoplight but i'm behind him. when the light turns green he pushes hard and i follow close to him. we come up to the next light and wait for it to turn green. well, the light goes and i slip it at 4000 or so, not as good as what i normally do but heres the surprising part: even though i ended up losing, i consistently stayed about a 1/4 car behind the cobra at all times. even when he looked like he was about to get away from me he had to shift, and then i started closing in on him, and then i shifted and he got a little further ahead. it went on like that till about 4th gear.

overall, a loss for me, but i bet the mustang owner was really suprised to see a "stock" (hehe ) wrx keeping up with him, especially when he's running those 8-9in wide tires and got so much torque to the ground.

-Robert
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! That VS0 kit surprises me more everyday.
    -jay
    i drive a jeep n stuff.

well a 4.6 dohc cobra doesn't make that much torque.....when you can make 380 ft/lbs at the tires without a power adder thats a lot of torque to the ground
    87 lx 5.0
    yeah its stock
    All motor
    Got torque?

He was probably surprised to see you keeping up. I've never had a run in w/ a cobra, but older GTs, new GTs are not very interesting anymore. I wanna see how I match up against a SS, lightning or a cobra. Good try man.

Houston, TX / Athens, GA -at the same time!
    I Support ClubWRX
    thanks!

it was a newer age cobra, btw. i don't know what year, but it has the current generation bodystyle, so thats all i knew about it.

yeah a lightening matchup would be a cool race. those trucks haul!...i can't begin to imagine how the competition will get when dodge releases the SRT-10 Ram pickup, which is supposed to compete w/ the lightning, i think
    Silver 911
    WRX's older brother