GTP (me) vs. 2 WRX's at Topeka dragstrip
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on GTP (me) vs. 2 WRX's at Topeka dragstrip within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; You may remember the thread I posted ranting about how I've never gotten a chance to run against a WRX. ...

uke

GTP (me) vs. 2 WRX's at Topeka dragstrip

You may remember the thread I posted ranting about how I've never gotten a chance to run against a WRX. Well, my wish has been granted!

Tonight, myself Greg (scooby24) and a guy named Will (don't know if he's on this forum) raced each other at the strip (which was untreated and VERY slick, btw).

First run, me and scooby24. He jumps out to a quick lead due to his AWD as opposed to my peglegging it , but then I steadily pull past him.

Second run, me and scooby24 again. He gets a HUGE jump on me as I spin out. I make up some ground, but not enough, and he wins.

Third run, me and Will. Will also takes a huge jump as I burn rubber with no where to go. When I finally get traction, he's long gone.

Will ended up with a best of 13.9 tonight (with a 1.8 60ft ) and was the faster of the two. I had a blast on all three runs, win or lose. Without a doubt, AWD beats Front wheel drive on slick pavement. If traction was better, I probably would have hung with Will a lot better, as I've also gotten 13.9's before, but regardless it was a fun time.

Thanks for the fun, gents!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats an awesome 60ft. congrats. what did the other scoobies run?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Uke,

Is there still a big rivalry between the GTP and SHO? When I had my SHO I remember going against the GTP's on the streets. It was a pretty even matchup stock for stock. I think the GTP's were a little better off the line with the SHO a little better on the top end. That's just my finding and opinion though. I don't miss those days of wheel hop and torque steer............. I do miss popping the hood and having people think I had an after market engine packed into a Taurus.
    2004 WRX

uke
    Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    Uke,

Is there still a big rivalry between the GTP and SHO? When I had my SHO I remember going against the GTP's on the streets. It was a pretty even matchup stock for stock. I think the GTP's were a little better off the line with the SHO a little better on the top end. That's just my finding and opinion though. I don't miss those days of wheel hop and torque steer............. I do miss popping the hood and having people think I had an after market engine packed into a Taurus.
    I heard that there used to be quite the rivalry, but not so much anymore. Now it seems that it's more popular to pick on Mustang GT's . The aftermarket for GTP's has grown heavily in the past couple years, and GTP's are getting into the 12's and even 11's more easily, which I believe the SHO's aren't. It's just too bad that aftermarket parts are expensive as crud!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.