Raced a Jetta TREK w/unknown mods...
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Raced a Jetta TREK w/unknown mods... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was driving pretty slow in the Ls1 and I saw some black car coming up on me very quick...I ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Raced a Jetta TREK w/unknown mods...

I was driving pretty slow in the Ls1 and I saw some black car coming up on me very quick...I heard him as he passed, and saw that it was a Jetta TREK (whatever that is) and he had that exhaust tip with the 2 tips turned upwards (I HATE that one). After he passed I got in behind him and he slowed up to let me approach. We came out of a slight turn that heads into a very long straightaway and I was about 5-6 cars back. He nailed it, and I was like "fvck!" and dropped from 5th to 4th at about 60mph. It took me until 100mph to catch and pass him and I had a big grin on my face. It's fun when you can spot someone a huge lead, the jump, drop to the wrong gear and catch and pass them at decent speeds...

Im not bragging about this kill, I know that jettas usually dont have much, but what are the TREKs? Are they NA? The only mod I could see was exhaust but he had some stickers too...
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The trek model applied to the old or pre generation jettas(before the 1999.5 models known as the IV generation). I believe the trek model came standard with a bike rack and a trek mountain bike. Engine wise I believe they came with a 2.0L engine with about 115 hp.

That's a TREK edition Jetta, it's basically a jetta that comes with a Trek mountain bike.. Seriously..
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Re: Raced a Jetta TREK w/unknown mods...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

Im not bragging about this kill, I know that jettas usually dont have much, but what are the TREKs? Are they NA? The only mod I could see was exhaust but he had some stickers too...

According to Edmunds the 1997 Jetta "Trek" comes equipped with a 2.0 liter and 115hp. Bolts to 60 in 10.3 seconds too. So the Trek does not look like it's as quick as the newer Jettas.
    2004 WRX

damn sounds like I raced a speed demon!!

apparently he knew as little about my car as I did about his
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Raced a Jetta TREK w/unknown mods...

Originally posted by 2004SilverWRX
    According to Edmunds the 1997 Jetta "Trek" comes equipped with a 2.0 liter and 115hp. Bolts to 60 in 10.3 seconds too. So the Trek does not look like it's as quick as the newer Jettas.
    Trek bike rack = 25 HP
    10 year old trek bike = $35
    Trek decal = 5 HP
    Almost losing to a car twice as slow as yours with half the horsepower = priceless

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    damn sounds like I raced a speed demon!!

apparently he knew as little about my car as I did about his
    With the mountain bikes on, it's a diff story.. lol
    01 CL Type S *Sold*
    04 Silver/Gold STi
    -COBB AP Stage 2 / 93 oct
    -Drop in K&N filter
    -Bosal Single Tip Catback
    -Helix 3" Catless Downpipe
    -Replica STi front strut tower brace

Those trek's are a specialty line of the Chokes-wagons. (VW). The bike adds a 20 hp increase to the car engine when it's on the roof, secret technology . And those stickers, well, most people in the VW forums know exactly what they do. They are hard to come by, but well worth the money. Each sticker is about 50-100 bux, and each adds secret electrical charges to the engine when placed on the body of the vehicle. DONT MOUNT ON THE WINDOW! (has to be metallic). Anyways, give the guy the middle finger next time for even driving a VW
    Last edited by Miami; 04-08-2004 at 06:01 PM.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives.."

Hahaha dude you definitly pulled a Domestic flyby!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by Trailboss
    Hahaha dude you definitly pulled a Domestic flyby!
    nah, I passed him up, he was still in it!! All 115hp raging!!
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.