WRX vs. WRX+1/2 ton

This is a discussion on WRX vs. WRX+1/2 ton within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I finally got to race another WRX!!! We raced on the interstate from about a 40 mph roll and i ...

WRX vs. WRX+1/2 ton

I finally got to race another WRX!!! We raced on the interstate from about a 40 mph roll and i stayed even with him until 120 when he braked casue he caught up to traffic in his lane.

I was surprised i stayed even cause i had 4 people in my car, my skinny ass 180 lbs, 2 who are about 200 lbs and one who is pushing 250 and all of our back packs which are pushing 50 lbs a peice. So probably almost an extra 1000 lbs. I only have an uppipe/downpipe and grounding kit. It surprised me with only those mods I could overcome that weight difference. The other guy was by himself and he looked stock.

The other dude was like wtf, cause I look stock and he couldn't pull from me with all my extra weight.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My guess he had a auto tranny, I don't think the 800lbs of extra weight would be offset by youtr mods.

Maybe he didnt downshift...Thats alot of weight for the little car.. Almost impossible to overcome..Are you sure he raced ?
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

We started on an on ramp to the interstate with him about 3 cars ahead of me and we stayed about the same until he braked at 120. At the stop light right before the on ramp i reved him and he didn't rev back, but he launched and spun his front tires.

I don't think its possible to keep that constant of a distance the whole way from 40 to 120.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby