Modded V6 Mustang vs My STi - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Modded V6 Mustang vs My STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Silver04Sti trading my 8500 for the new 8500 x50......they swear a 50% increase in K and KA ...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Modded V6 Mustang vs My STi

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    trading my 8500 for the new 8500 x50......they swear a 50% increase in K and KA effectiveness......I can't believe that could be true because that thing has saved my ass countless times over the past few years..........
    Hmm, I haven't heard about this new x50... Since Passport touted one of the reasons people should buy the 8500 was its ability to be upgraded in the future, I fully expect this to be the case here. If not, they will be getting a letter from me.
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Modded V6 Mustang vs My STi

Originally posted by ezatnova
    Hmm, I haven't heard about this new x50... Since Passport touted one of the reasons people should buy the 8500 was its ability to be upgraded in the future, I fully expect this to be the case here. If not, they will be getting a letter from me.
    trust me.....I already raged on them about that and their response was that the 8500 is upgradable if there are "new police radar frequencies"......the new x50 is suppose to offer a 50% increase in K and KA detection.......guess I'll find out shortly since mine is due to arrive mon.........hey, I see you are in west chester, pa.....i was in that area last weekend....might be moving there soon......any ideas on nice places to live? I drove through downingtown and they had a nice new development back behind a wawa near rt30 I guess it is.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

I hope these guys with FI on a V6 Mustang like buying new engines. Those engines are weak as hell. They're supposed to be like 3/4 of a 5.0, but they're not. My brother had one in HS and it went through 2 engines stock before he got rid of it at about 60k miles.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

94~96 have oil pump and coolant pump issues too.
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

He thought the car was a Toyota or some compact ride with a big wing. Gotta love it when people dont know what a subaru is.....
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives.."

I was lead to believe that there are a lot of Supercharged V-6 stangs running around. How much power is a V-6 stang making with a decent flowmaster type exhaust and a standard blower kit? Btw, i have heard a "true dual" is actually less than ideal.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by Silver04Sti
    hey aren't you the guy with the stage IV down the street from my buddy mike in south riding? He had the modded cobra?
    Yup that's me, and I'm no longer in SR.

hmm the passport 8500, I was thinking the Valentine One was the best to get. Maybe I should get one based on your experiences.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

they are both awesome detectors.......some mags have taken the V1 over the 8500 while others have taken the 8500.....the latest test done in Jan 04 gave props to the 8500 and if you look deep into some of the previous tests where they gave the nod to the V1 I recall one test giving it all these extra points because of the arrows feature. The arrows are nice, wish the passport had that but in the end I just want to be warned and warned way in advance. The passport has never let me down and now with this new version that supposedly offers a 50% increase in detection it will be even better.
    So you're out of SR huh? Still have your car though right? My buddy sold his 03 cobra awhile back but he's getting the speed itch again, that slow expedition is driving him crazy.
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.