Another Day, Another Dead Jetta
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Another Day, Another Dead Jetta within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What is it with these guys anyway? I am on the same strech of road where i wasted a Z3 ...

Cool Another Day, Another Dead Jetta

What is it with these guys anyway? I am on the same strech of road where i wasted a Z3 a couple of weeks ago. I come up to the traffic light and there is a turbo jetta at pole position. I am stuck two cars back. He takes off leaving me enough room to squeeze into his lane. Two more cars enter at the ramp about 1/4 mile down. I get on his tail as we negotiate these two cars. He squeezes through and takes off. I squeeze through at about 55 and down to third. I reel him in in short order and get a good three car lengths before backing off due to excessive speed. Of course he continues blasting down the road as if there were some pride left to be saved.

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Santa Monica Boulevard (I'm a poor student)

Did he flash his hazards or give you the finger? Cause that would be grounds for a beating for that guy for doing a ricer flyby
    South West Forum Moderator

Working for a 22B or maybe a Legacy STi...one day

Actually, I did not look. I was looking behind because a trans camaro am was rapidly approaching from behind when I was slowing to turn...he was a little to late...plus there was an older mustang cobra that i was expecting to keep up but still did not see.

p
    02 WRX 5sp Wagon
    "Damn, that thing is blue!"
    K&N...more to follow

Santa Monica Boulevard (I'm a poor student)

O ok I see. Just asking cause the ricer flyby seems to be the popular thing to do when losing these days. SUcks, but it's true.
    South West Forum Moderator

Working for a 22B or maybe a Legacy STi...one day

Keeferno

Man, I saw the riciest looking Jetta ever the other day, I swear the exhaust tip must have weight a good half ton or so. Must explain why he was so slow

It was probably a 2.slow

Ya when most people stop.. other continue.. thats ok let THEM get the tickets. Ive heard a few storys of ricer flybys that end with the flyby guy getting the ticket. Bahahhaaha!

Actualy to be honest!! Its happened to me 2 times already!!

With an Alero, and a Cavalier.

Yeah, I had a Cavalier "Rally Sport" try to race me the other day. HA HA HA HA HA he lost BAD.

Originally posted by wrxinthehouse
    Yeah, I had a Cavalier "Rally Sport" try to race me the other day. HA HA HA HA HA he lost BAD.
    i hate people in slow cars who try and race people that are way out of their league. kinda funny though

The jetta owner probably thought he had a chance with a "Neon"
    Lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.