Turbo'd Rsx
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Turbo'd Rsx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; A little story for everyone... Im out cruising on a Friday night and its about midnight. I pull up to ...

Turbo'd Rsx

A little story for everyone...

Im out cruising on a Friday night and its about midnight. I pull up to this "honda integra"(rsx) and I see he has the greddy profec b on his dash. Hmmmm... So he very ricerly pops off his bov. I dont really feel like racing and Im running my de-tuned map so Im only at 260whp and 260tq. I feel thats more then enough but I dont want to risk it. He continues to try and play w/me but I resist. We then get to a light and he says " I can see why you wouldnt want to race me, You saw my fmic right ." I stated back " what do you run right now 7-8 lbs of boost max ?" He states yes and I proceed to say " well I can tell you why you shouldnt race me. Did you see my FMIC, I run 21 lbs of boost ! Still interested ?" He looked at me w/the most befuddled look I had ever seen. It might have been one of the funniest situations I had ever been in.

Oh P.s: I ran from a 40mph roll and by the time his rsx "caught" I was 6 car lengths ahead. I guess they dont catch so well at 90 mph....shame. I liked the car though and w/some more work he could have a beast on his hands.

Moral: Look before you speak ! lol.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Turbo'd Rsx

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    A little story for everyone...

Im out cruising on a Friday night and its about midnight. I pull up to this "honda integra"(rsx) and I see he has the greddy profec b on his dash. Hmmmm... So he very ricerly pops off his bov. I dont really feel like racing and Im running my de-tuned map so Im only at 260whp and 260tq. I feel thats more then enough but I dont want to risk it. He continues to try and play w/me but I resist. We then get to a light and he says " I can see why you wouldnt want to race me, You saw my fmic right ." I stated back " what do you run right now 7-8 lbs of boost max ?" He states yes and I proceed to say " well I can tell you why you shouldnt race me. Did you see my FMIC, I run 21 lbs of boost ! Still interested ?" He looked at me w/the most befuddled look I had ever seen. It might have been one of the funniest situations I had ever been in.

Oh P.s: I ran from a 40mph roll and by the time his rsx "caught" I was 6 car lengths ahead. I guess they dont catch so well at 90 mph....shame. I liked the car though and w/some more work he could have a beast on his hands.

Moral: Look before you speak ! lol.
    nice run.... i dislike cocky people. i think its so much better when you beat someone and are modest about it, instead of saying "u saw the FMI and now dont want to race right?"

on the flip side though, was it a type S? dont under-estimate a type S with *only* 8psi. thats good for easy 13's
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Well done!! Not only was the kill done tastefully but so was your smack talk. Now, get your map fixed!!

Now that IS funny!

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

WRX
    that's awesome! I bet a lightly modded rex could take one with traction problems like that. I wonder if he's crying about it on one of his forums.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    that's awesome! I bet a lightly modded rex could take one with traction problems like that. I wonder if he's crying about it on one of his forums.
    probably
    Just call me Clark Kent

Actually my map 1 is ok. I just run map 2 when just driving around. My map 2 has 283whp and 299 tq. It was a type s and he used traction as an excuse. From 40 you cant catch traction ...cmon. Oh and he started the trash talking, I just finished it. I never talk trash. Before my FMIC I used to say that I only had an exhaust. Now thats kinda hard...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

He deserved to get stomped for talking to you like that. I'm sure by the way he talked, he was a cocky a-hole and its reflected in his driving habits. Yea, they'll have trouble hooking up, but the fact is, he should have hung with you to a certain extent. He's probably making 230whp+ untuned, since he's only running the Profec and not the K-Pro reprogammable ECU from Hondata which has been shown to pick up another 50whp on the Greddy kit with simple tuning.

Still, AWD owns on the street no doubt. That's why the WRX is so appealing - you cna mod the holy hell out of it, hook up in the summer and still drive it around when it snows and rains in the other seasons. Basically, its one of the few cars that you can push insane power levels with and still drive it comfortably everyday.

Personally, i would never go F/I in my RSX-S. I'd be happy with about 220-240whp N/A. then traction would become a serious obstacle, as evident by your race.

Good run, and way to shut that cocky mo' fo' up!
    Last edited by smokey; 04-08-2004 at 10:44 AM.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Actually my map 1 is ok. I just run map 2 when just driving around. My map 2 has 283whp and 299 tq. It was a type s and he used traction as an excuse. From 40 you cant catch traction ...cmon. Oh and he started the trash talking, I just finished it. I never talk trash. Before my FMIC I used to say that I only had an exhaust. Now thats kinda hard...
    not necesarily. a lot of people assume that the wrx comes with a FMI stock or its "hidden". there are many people that are not aware of the top mount and the functional hoodscoop. therefore, still assuming your on stock turbo.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Re: Turbo'd Rsx

he says " I can see why you wouldnt want to race me, You saw my fmic right ." I stated back " what do you run right now 7-8 lbs of boost max ?" He states yes and I proceed to say " well I can tell you why you shouldnt race me. Did you see my FMIC, I run 21 lbs of boost ! Still interested ?" He looked at me w/the most befuddled look I had ever seen.

I would have...

I would have still raced you. I'm only boosting 7psi with a race header and K-Pro. Guessing about 270WHP. Not sure. Hoping to find out tomorrow.

Thumbs up

You took the taste right out of his mouth!

wdsonny,

you will have 270whp and what kind of tq. Just going by #'s my 282whp and 299 tq might own it on paper but your weight will help. I wont spin in my gears though...damn awd ....I would think w/similar drivers you would need equal if not more hp to really take me.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

I didn't mean to sound arrogant. I know all about AWD. My boy has an STi and I drive that thing. Just saying, I wouldn't have talked smack. I hate people like that. But, I won't back down either. Torque for me and my gutless wonder is about 180. Spinning is the only problem. But, as I get traction, all you hear is the scream of the supercharger. Waiting on my boy to get off his shoulders and run me at the track. Stock STi's run what, 13.5's, that is what I run. Gonna be a good race when it happens.

13.5 doesnt sound great but you probably trap at what most stage 4's do...105-108...Im hoping to trap 110 or better but well see soon...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.