240sx goes down

This is a discussion on 240sx goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My fiance and I were on our way home from a local restaraunt. The road we were on was a ...

240sx goes down

My fiance and I were on our way home from a local restaraunt. The road we were on was a local boulevard where all the kids race up and down the road. This 240sx get up beside me while I'm doing about 40 mph. He drops it into second gear and holds the revs up high, and I do the same. He takes off, and I follow I pull him in by about a car in 2nd gear, and 3rd he starts coming back and I only have a fender on him at this point, and I'm like wtf?? It's a slow 240sx. Then I hit 4th and I start inching away very slowly. for a few seconds then we shut it down for stop light.

He pulled up next to me and I asked him if it was an sr20det, and he said "yes it is". Then the light turned green and we both rolled very slowly up to about 15 mph and he punched it and I again followd I immediately pulled him by 2 cars in 1st and 2nd gear and I stopped pulling after that.

Then we stop at another stop light and I hear him reving to about 2000 rpm or so to launch it. Then I start to hold it tp about 5 grand. Then the light turned green he gets the jump but I came right back with a pretty decent launch ant passed him like nothing. He was definately tree'd at that light. AWD is awesome.

He followed me to the gas station. As I was getting gas, he asked " Is that an STi?" I confidently replied "nah, it's just a wrx with cat-back exhaust" He told me he just had a full exhaust and running on stock boost. He wouldn't pop his hood though. I popped mine, and it looked completely stock. My intake was sitting on the kitchen counter drying from where I washed it before I left, so I had my stock airbox in at the time.

I'm suprised I did that well against a silvia.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In the magic world of faries and happiness where you lose ground in third but pull in fourth.
    -Andrew

yeah, that was strange how that happened.
    Mods

Nissan loves to make 3rd gear strong, like in 300zs. If you ever raced one and somehow managed to keep up through the end of second gear, just watch the tail end say good bye in third.

Originally posted by stevebennett
    Nissan loves to make 3rd gear strong, like in 300zs. If you ever raced one and somehow managed to keep up through the end of second gear, just watch the tail end say good bye in third.
    this is very true. 3rd gear pulls really well in most nissan. good balance of torque and hp in that gear
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Interesting matchup,you did well grasshopper.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

He was pretty quick, He raced my friends integra type-r with bolt-ons and they stayed about side by side with the silvia pulling very little.
    Mods

what year was that 240?
    2002 bugeyes
    It just looks stock . . .

I dunno, It was one of the ones that resemble the first gen dsm's
    Mods