Sometimes you get the feeling you shouldnt race? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sometimes you get the feeling you shouldnt race? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by HighPsiAwd "Sometimes you get the feeling you shouldn't race?" NOPE yikes.......

Originally posted by HighPsiAwd
    "Sometimes you get the feeling you shouldn't race?"

NOPE

yikes....
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have really calmed down my driving since I was 16 and 17 (thats 4 and 5 years ago) but I really do enjoy a good run. However, I just never go past 5 over whatever the speedlimit is and I won't ever launch it or anything like that.
    Where in Chi town area you from DTR Maxima? Just curious

Not to be an ass or anything. Whats the point to put time and money into making a car go fast and look good if your not going to use it. Cars made to go fast should go fast. I don't mean be stupid and drive like a maniac, but like people say "Drive it like you stole it"
    PE 1818 Turbo, PE 650cc injectors, PE 215lph fuel pump, Blitz Front mount intercooler, Blitz downpipe , Blitz uppipe, Blitz suction intake, 5zigen catback, STI clutch , Turbo XS UTEC , Blitz SSBC , Blitz turbo timer, JIC flta-2 Coil-overs, C-West Boby kit

Driving for fun does not necessarily include dragging a lot of people at lights. Thats not why I want my WRX to be fast, so that I can beat people at lights. Its fun, but only one aspect of driving. I could drive it like I stole it every time, but when a cop sees it, I won't be driving at all.

Originally posted by vaindrumr
    Not to be an ass or anything. Whats the point to put time and money into making a car go fast and look good if your not going to use it. Cars made to go fast should go fast. I don't mean be stupid and drive like a maniac, but like people say "Drive it like you stole it"
    I make it faster because I enjoy my faster car, and don't need to race another car to enjoy my faster than stock vehicle. Though I do run at tracks and quite enjoy that. A fast car can be used without racing every idiot from lights.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by renichms
    I make it faster because I enjoy my faster car, and don't need to race another car to enjoy my faster than stock vehicle. Though I do run at tracks and quite enjoy that. A fast car can be used without racing every idiot from lights.

RN
    Well put

ya very well put ...

I do drive at extralegal speeds by myself on backroads outside of Tampa, but Police presence in town makes it so it is not worth risking it. Still, there is that every now and again when someone really needs to be schooled, it just doesn't happen everyday like it used to.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by trainrex
    It's called "getting old". It happens to the best of us
    haha werd! I'm only 23 but my balls are shrinking out there on the road...

then again, i've been pulled while street racing, and that was SCARY AS HELL!!! Since then I guess I've been more cautious...
    2003 SRT-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12