Sti vs turbo pt cruizer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Sti vs turbo pt cruizer! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hahaha, sorry but i just have to add this real quick while its still fresh in my mind. I was ...

Sti vs turbo pt cruizer!

Hahaha, sorry but i just have to add this real quick while its still fresh in my mind. I was just on my way home from a local applebees when i pulled up to the light next to a PT cruizer turbo. At first i didnt think anything of it...but i saw him look at me and inch up a little. So i just thought, o well ill just be ready incase. Hahahaha. The little bugger peels out and as im normally accelerating...i see him pulling fast through my passanger window...so i jump on it. That was the saddest kill ive ever seen in my life. I know its no contest...but i love those kinda opertunities. He didnt even get his front end even with mine even after all that momentum and head start. Just thought id share.
    ryan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

LMAO....nice kill......its fun against crappy cars sometimes...just makes you realize your car is fast...also shocked looks on peoples faces are cool
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    they have 215hp *shrug*
    2003 SRT-4

I sort of had something like this.

I was passing a Lexus of some sort, when my friend in the passanger seat says, "Haha, look at this.". So I look over and an older Integra (the generation before the bug-eyes) trying to keep up with me. I was still at 1,500 miles so I was keeping it easy. I floored it, but shifted at 4,000rpms. I shut down at about 60mph because I was still winning and I really dislike it when I give in and race people. He did the thing where he flys by, flooring it, and I'm already slowing down.
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX, Java Black Pearl.
    Modifications

Yo

Some "turbo" PT also tired to go aganist me a few months back coming back from lunch. I had my coworker w/ me. I didn't realize he wanted to run until I realized he was "trying" to follow me into the turn. I just floored 3rd through the turn and he was many bus lengths back.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

I test drove a PT Turbo when they first came out. A far cry better than the non-turbo, and they are actually sorta fun to drive and have more then enough power for MOST people... but not much competition for a WRX, and especially an STi. Fortunately, my wife decided they were too funny looking for our driveway

J-H
    They do come with that awesome transmission...whats the name....Gertrag or something...That's about it for that car....

JH

I had a guy in a pimped out PT cruiser rev at me. He had a custom paint job, after market wheels, turbo badges all over it. He really thought he was hot stuff.
    As soon as the traffic cleared we both nailed it. I pulled about 5 cars on him in a matter of seconds. He at least gave me a smile after I smoked him.

My NA PT is horribly slow. My STi is not. Definitely a mismatched pair there.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

You're mean. A PT GT vs. an STi is like picking on the slow kid at recess.

My dad actually has the turbo PT. The Getrag tranny is slick, but it desperately needs an LSD and some suspension work. If you don't completely roast a tire, you get ridiculous torque steer. I started to see how launching an SRT-4 can be a problem.

My wife drives our N/A PT; it goes well enough, I guess. She needs some upgraded anti-roll bars because she keeps trying to toss it around like her old Tiburon. It makes my WRX feel really fast, but I wouldn't call it horribly slow. I reserve that title for junk like Dodge Stratuses and Corolllas.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Originally posted by dielectric
    You're mean. A PT GT vs. an STi is like picking on the slow kid at recess.

Hey now, i wasnt trying to pick on anyone...if you read my original post...i was just minding my own business on my way home from an applebees...and he decided to try me out. So i just thought...o well, this will be fun. If i didnt race him...I can c it now..."i beat an sti", all over the pt cruizer boards!
    ryan

Originally posted by J-H
    They do come with that awesome transmission...whats the name....Gertrag or something...That's about it for that car....

JH
    they get a getrag?!? those things are ****in insane and expensive... even more than the STI trannys

Originally posted by EvilCerealBoX
    they get a getrag?!? those things are ****in insane and expensive... even more than the STI trannys
    ONLY the 5-speed turbo models get the Getrag. The non-turbos do NOT. Also, the autos are the auto-stick things from Chrysler.

Anyone happen to know how much power a turbo PT's 5-speed Getrag can handle? If high enough, I'll recommend to my friend that he swap out, if possible, once he takes my old PT.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

does the SRT-4 have a getrag? If so, thats another reason that they rock.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    does the SRT-4 have a getrag? If so, thats another reason that they rock.
    No, we have a NVG850. The Getrag is smoother, but this tranny is built. A guy in TX is running 530whp through it with no problems!

Nice kill! Definitely an unmatched fight. That guy brought a knife to a gun fight, LOL. Oh well, hopefully he learned his lesson. Those cars almost have the same engine as the SRT-4, but they don't have as much power stock.
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast