Sti vs turbo pt cruizer! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Sti vs turbo pt cruizer! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by rayn4eleven Hey now, i wasnt trying to pick on anyone...if you read my original post...i was just ...

Originally posted by rayn4eleven
    Hey now, i wasnt trying to pick on anyone...if you read my original post...i was just minding my own business on my way home from an applebees...and he decided to try me out. So i just thought...o well, this will be fun. If i didnt race him...I can c it now..."i beat an sti", all over the pt cruizer boards!
    ryan
    I don't think you'd have to worry about someone posting "I beat an STi" on the PT boards. It's mostly old guys putting up fuzzy dice and getting flame jobs.

They know it's not the fastest thing and don't make any bones about it. My dad thinks it's the bomb, but then his last car was a Cavalier.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by dielectric
    I don't think you'd have to worry about someone posting "I beat an STi" on the PT boards. It's mostly old guys putting up fuzzy dice and getting flame jobs.

They know it's not the fastest thing and don't make any bones about it. My dad thinks it's the bomb, but then his last car was a Cavalier.
    Actually, you do. Some of the people on there are nice and some aren't. When I told them I was getting an STi since the PT didn't meet my needs anymore, they got REALLY pissy and suddenly, stories of PTs beating WRXs started popping up all over the board. They even went so far as to claim a few had the power to "be in STi territory." I offered to race at that, and got no takers. So you actually might see something along the lines of "I beat an STi!" on a PT board.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by drizze99
    No, we have a NVG850. The Getrag is smoother, but this tranny is built. A guy in TX is running 530whp through it with no problems!
    This is exactly what a WRX needs.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

ahahahah nice kill man ahaha

Silly PT owners...Nice kill, he had to be schooled, it was imperative that you prevented him from thinking he could take an STi

And trust me - a Getrag transmission is fine until you ever need parts for one, especially like 10 years down the road. It's the biggest nighmare of any 3kGT/Stealth owner.

A reman trans from the dealer is $5k. You can find shops that rebuild them from used parts for about $1800-2k.

By comparison, a brand new factory DSM transmission can be had for $1700, or a full rebuild to better-than-new for $1200 ish.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12