WS6 on ffx county pkwy

This is a discussion on WS6 on ffx county pkwy within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been without my car for the better part of two months, it was in the shop getting headwork, ej257 ...

WS6 on ffx county pkwy

I've been without my car for the better part of two months, it was in the shop getting headwork, ej257 and tuning done. Even since I've had the work done, I've been driving my car as if it had a self-imposed 3k redline...now on to the story.....

Well I was driving back from lunch with two of my coworkers and what do I see merginng on the ramp with me? A white WS6, and I figure this should be a pretty decent race, I mean they do run low 13's stock and from what I've been told they can even hit high 12's w/ BPU's. Regardless, we both enter the road and we pace each other until we reach a light. My co-worker remarks "WS6's are pretty fast, just about a C5", regardless we sit at the light, I await the green and I let him go (since I didn't want to pound my tranny), he burns a bit of rubber and he gets a quick two car lead. I shift 1st gear @ 6500 and by the time I hit the top of 2nd gear, I was passing him by. I look over as I pass him and wave good bye, since I was now hitting 20psi and he was about to be nothing but a distant memory. Well by the time I hit 110, he was the better part of 10, maybe even 15 cars behind, I figure he was not gaining, so I shut it down. After I shut it down, I realized the riceboy fly by is not limited to imports, but this phenomena has spread to the domestic fleets as well, since he was trying to pass me when I slowed down. I couldn't help myself, so I downshifted in 3rd gear while I was going about 70mph and I held him off and by the time I was at the top of 3rd gear, I've put the better part of 5 cars on him. I shut down and I figure point well made, I'll enjoy my leisurely drive back to the office, but instead he passes me by again but this time he slows to 60mph and waits for me. I pace him again, downshift, same result.
    e46 M3 (new toy)
    02 wrx w/257 swap (now sold)
    IS 300 5spd w/ NAV (hers)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

we talked about this. Serious ownage.. then again you have some serious power can't wait to take a spin with you sooner than later.

-jared

I Support ClubWRX
    hehe...priceless...albeit on a smaller level, I can relate to this experience

You have a serious sleeper on your hands, must be fun...
    "Don't hate me because my Impreza's beautiful"
    -04 FXT 20g'd 343 whp
    -04 FXT 35r/6mt 430 whp 11.6@118 on 93 oct
    -95 NSX SC'd 450 whp
    -70 Chevelle SS

must be nice to switch through maps.. 330hp, 360hp, 400hp (21 psi) keep some race fuel in that garage J..: tongue:

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    damn, you're trapping 120+???

To put 15 lengths on a low 13 sec car, damn!!

Yea, with basic performance parts they are solid 12 sec cars. Good run, what is your current setup?
    2003 SRT-4

I have no idea if I'll trap a 120, and I won't get that chance until I get my Kazz gears installed along with the clutch & flywheel.
    As far as my mods are concerned...
    Head built by Axis, sti cams, jun springs, 5 angle valve job, titanium retainers.
    Block, stock USDM 257, low compression gasket
    Turbo and other goodies, FP 20G, 785C injectors, catless exh, Utec (tuned by the utec master himself, Phil).

I was pretty shocked at the outcome myself, the distance I put between us by the time I shifted into 3rd was amazing and I kept pulling through 4th (granted at a slower pace at that point). Funny part, a modded del sol was following and trying to get into the action and he was bus lengths behind the WS6. I couldn't help but to lay the wood on the del sol after the race with the WS6.

Yup Jared, I keep a 5 gal of 116 in the garage and once in a while I put it in, mmmmm the smell of race gas....
    Be sure to come by this Sat to see me vs the SRT4.
    e46 M3 (new toy)

sht
    how much $$ you got in your car if you dont mind me asking???
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

more than you and me

Originally posted by sht
    how much $$ you got in your car if you dont mind me asking???
    I'd hate to relive the painful memories of watching my savings quickly deplete, but I'll give you a rough guesstimate on the major items

1300 shortblock
    200 complete gasket set
    1600 head work
    600 cams
    1200 labor (motor swap, head removal)
    450 tuning
    1200 turbo
    450 inj
    700 Utec
    550 turboxs stealth back
    700 V2 turboxs TMIC (now sold)
    1200 Perrin FMIC, (en route)
    countless scrapes, scratches, bruises and sleepless nights
    e46 M3 (new toy)

Damn 1200 isn't too bad for the motor labor. That was at Ultimate Performance right?

Yeah that was done by Ultimate in Dulles
    e46 M3 (new toy)

sht
    sorry to bring up bad memories

i wish i had $$$
    wrx 04 black

workin for the man

Hey its my Ej257 twin, haha. I didnt know you were getting headwork done too?? Any clue on what Phil tuned you to?? I hear ya also on the painful memories of lost dollars, haha. Anyways, good job on killing that WS6 that bad!! I cant wait to try mine out when I get my final tune on pump gas, get my external wastegate, and get a rear end that will hold a good launch. Keep me posted, twin.

Richard Jackson
    Car for sale for 13,500 with 60k on the car an 18k on the motor/tranny(Silver Sedan with 5spd)