SRT-10 goes down
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT-10 goes down within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; coming out of taco bell on my lunch break, a black srt10 (the truck) comes in front of me. he ...

SRT-10 goes down

coming out of taco bell on my lunch break, a black srt10 (the truck)
    comes in front of me. he lives by me along with a red one, so i go to catch up an he takes off spinning the tires at 30mph or so. were at a light under the interstate an i mention he has a nice truck. at the light he takes of an i didnt expect to launch so i bogged the living hell out of it, but as he stoppped spinning i got into my power band at the exact same time an we went neck an neck through the end of 3rd gear. i knew i would own him on the 2nd light. he threw a rev at me for the heads up, so i launched hard at about 6k and i basicly picked him up an carried his heavy a$$ down the whole boulevard. he gave respect with the thumbs up, but the funny part is my tranny is shot, an my downpipe got knocked loose a day earlier, when i grabbed 2nd gear my CD ejected itself an the AM radio kicked on. but i had to run him, anything less an i wouldnt of bothered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    what kind of setup are you running because those trucks are pretty damn fast!!
    2003 SRT-4

Good kill, but damn dude...it sounds like you're destroying your car in the process.

Pipes breaking loose, CD's flying out...lol
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    Good kill, but damn dude...it sounds like you're destroying your car in the process.

Pipes breaking loose, CD's flying out...lol
    haha true
    2003 SRT-4

Nice job. Only time I mess with an AWD car from a dig is if I have slicks on
    '02 Dakota 5.9 R/T
    Intercooled Novi-2K

When parts of your dash start flying off towards you under heavy acceleration, you'll know you've modded your car too heavily.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

Originally posted by snowcat
    When parts of your dash start flying off towards you under heavy acceleration, you'll know you've modded your car too heavily.

-snowcat
    especially if there is a danger to the manifold/kickplate falls out
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

mod list please....

to modded... NO SUCH THING!!!
    2000 WRX

Nice Kill! I would be interested in seeing a mod list as well.

You can never be too modded!!
    2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i [Bone Stock]
    2003 Dodge SRT-4 [303 hp/323 tq] - SOLD

i running on the PE1820 right now, with all the supporting mods-rail/650cc injec/pump/full exhaust/intake/hoses, no header and boost at 16psi...its hot in AZ. might i mention im on the stock top mount, thats why the low psi an pulled timing. engine management is ECUTEK reflash. i think the main thing though is the truck weighing so much that in the lower gears its harder to get going. but that said i pull 1 car on the m3 up top an it seemed as if i could of gone the distance with the srt10, i pulled slightly at the end of third before shutdown, but that might have been his shift. anyone know the gearing on these things? or what they trap at? i know that stock they will not break out of the 13's so its reasonable that we would have similar pull down low minus my AWD
    Last edited by POLAR; 04-06-2004 at 11:01 PM.

I saw a report on Motorweek about htem and they only trapped at 104 mph....Kinda weak fro 500 hp and 525 tq. It is however a truck and does come w/ 4 cats ...Any tuned stage 4 should have no problem w/it form a roll or a dig.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

hmm, 104 mph trap? a stage 2 might be it.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

WRX
    lol! I've had change and a cell phone go flying into the back seat, but never a CD!
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

I Support ClubWRX
    If they trap at 104 with 4 cats, I'm scared to find out what they can do with those out of there!! If our little 2.0L turbo engine can gain 40+hp by removing 3 cats, I can't imagine how much power these guys are gonna gain by removing 4! That's gonna be crazy!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Originally posted by MidKnight
    If they trap at 104 with 4 cats, I'm scared to find out what they can do with those out of there!! If our little 2.0L turbo engine can gain 40+hp by removing 3 cats, I can't imagine how much power these guys are gonna gain by removing 4! That's gonna be crazy!
    Yeah, and since its an american muscle car/truck, its gonna be cheap as hell too. I read in SCC that an 03 cobra gained 40 bhp from just an intake ...But then he had to turn
    2004 R32: 220 whp

For Sale: 2003 wrx
    376 whp @ 22 psi, 93 octane

Pics:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/badassrex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.