rx8 vs stock wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on rx8 vs stock wrx within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was heading to 81S in Liverpool, NY by the bridge near Heids (for those that wanna relate). I'm in ...

rx8 vs stock wrx

I was heading to 81S in Liverpool, NY by the bridge near Heids (for those that wanna relate). I'm in my massive beast the auto rx8 and was creating a masterpiece with my paddle shifts, lol! I'm in the passing lane and I see a yellow rex gaining up on me in the right lane. I'm already going pretty fast and I don't think I quite broke 100. Anyhow, he passes me with ease and I give the thumbs up. He's now about 300 feet ahead and I see him brake hard and bob to the right. When he tried to straighten out he over did it and when he went left it 360'd over into the oncoming lane. He barely missed an oncoming truck as he bounced into the ditch. His front end was messed up but there was so much muddy grass kicked up it was hard to tell the extent. I pulled over and collected myself. I run over and see if he's ok which he was. He was real appreciative for checking on him which is cool. He said "I wasn't trying to race I just wanted to see what this thing can do." I kinda laughed and said move into a stage 4 if this thing lasts long enough. He called for a tow and I was on my way. Scary stuff. The roads weren't ideal as we'd gotten some snow overnight and I think there were probably some black ice.

Makes you check yourself in a heartbeat and I'm most thankful it wasn't worse since that truck was really close.

Ok, nuff of the sad and wake up's. For anyone who would say it's a drivers race, uhhhh no. The rx8 is the drag queen of all imports. I miss my wrx. It was fast. Every jarhead in a civic or avenger or sunfire wants their kill........................oh well 19 inch volks on hks coilovers at least gets some good looks. It's like being a pro body builder on juice but can only bench 135.

On a side note, maybe buying a grand national unmodded and 50k on the odo. I heard they're sorta fast,
    Last edited by sndstreamx; 04-05-2004 at 12:05 PM.
    02 wrx wagon
    Ecutek (rallispec tuned)
    vf30, sti injectors, walbro 255 fp
    Vishnu catback, pde up/dp
    aps d/r500 stealth black fmic
    aps pod intake
    cusco f/r sway bars, strut bars
    Prodrive springs
    Whiteline suspension bits
    Twr Racing 4pot bbk up front
    Twr Racing 2pot brakes in back
    max whp 326 (11/24/03)
    Cylinder #4: R.I.P 2/2004

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: rx8 vs stock wrx

Originally posted by sndstreamx
    I
    On a side note, maybe buying a grand national unmodded and 50k on the odo. I heard they're sorta fast,

I too have thought of buying one to have as a project car. I was looking at one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2469885966

Those cars can be made to be stupid fast.
    2004 WRX

the GNX (grand national) was and still is the fastest mass production vehicle ever to be made and sold here in home sweet home, america. 0-60 times have been rated in the 4.6-4.7 range for the intercooled model, 4.8-4.9 for the non-intercooled

by the way, all of them come with an auto tranny - sucks but they still kick ass all they way up to their 124mph limited top end.

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    the GNX (grand national) was and still is the fastest mass production vehicle ever to be made and sold here in home sweet home, america. 0-60 times have been rated in the 4.6-4.7 range for the intercooled model, 4.8-4.9 for the non-intercooled

by the way, all of them come with an auto tranny - sucks but they still kick ass all they way up to their 124mph limited top end.
    Actually all of the Grand Nationals were intercooled (in 1987). Those are the only ones that count anyway. I agree with the statement about the auto tranny. They only came in black too. The GNX's were beasts in their time laying waste to pretty much every car on the road. Unfortunately Mclaren only tuned 547 of them for Buick. I'm sure they are capable of speeds higher than 124???? Must be governed? I thought I saw a GNX at a restaurant but turned out to be a rebadged GN. It didn't have the side louvers, or dash plaque.
    2004 WRX

Ike

Ummm that's hardly the case, and at the time of it's introduction it was only the fastest production car from GM. Very impressive car, but your numbers are off. There were only a little over 500 of the GNX made so not sure what you consider mass production.

i forget where i read that from but my GM-Mechanic buddy that's in school right now confirmed it, he asked his teacher to make sure and his teacher said i was right. There were wayyy more than 500 grand nationals made - i believe this fact is even in the Guinessbook of W.R.

i'm not saying that's definite, just what i've heard that was confirmed by more than 3 or 4 trustworthy resources.

Ike
    i forget where i read that from but my GM-Mechanic buddy that's in school right now confirmed it, he asked his teacher to make sure and his teacher said i was right. There were wayyy more than 500 grand nationals made - i believe this fact is even in the Guinessbook of W.R.

i'm not saying that's definite, just what i've heard that was confirmed by more than 3 or 4 trustworthy resources.

You said GNX, and no there were not way more than 500 made. It may be in the Guiness book from 1987 though... It was the fastest production car from GM at that time, and that's all.

Here's a list you might find enlightening...

http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.