Can't get a race with a WRX to save my life (blah)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can't get a race with a WRX to save my life (blah) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; disclaimer: this post has no real point, it's just me bored and ranting... Since I've gotten my GTP, I've always ...

uke

Can't get a race with a WRX to save my life (blah)

disclaimer: this post has no real point, it's just me bored and ranting...

Since I've gotten my GTP, I've always wanted to go up against a WRX, especially since it was a close second choice as to what car I wanted to get. Since then, I've raced Mustang GT's, a couple Camaro's, and some assorted rice, but never gone against a WRX. It also seems that most WRX drivers I come across aren't really looking to race (besides me not getting lucky enough to line up with on at the track) /rant

bleh....you may now resume you regular forum surfing....
    Last edited by uke; 04-04-2004 at 08:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

lol, pretty much the only thing I can get to race me is GTP's. I live in grand forks nd most of the year and the hicks, (not to meaning to stereotype but they are) up here like smoking the local rice.

And then they line up with me
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

uke
    hehe

What's your 1/4 mile time, just to see how I stand up. I run high 13's, btw.

Not sure, I am catless with a grounding mod, so probably low 14's or high 13's. I only race up to a max of 70 on the street so most of time so I'm not sure if they would catch me top end or not.

I haven't raced anyone since i went catless, about a month ago, but i was beating chipped/pulley/exhaust gtp's to 70 by about 2 cars when i was stock.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

you chose the GTP over the WRX?

uke
    It cost 19500, at cheapest, for a used WRX as opposed to 15500 for my GTP. Funds were not supporting it. Insurance is also cheaper. Don't knock it, it's a great car, despite the cheap interior, and is easy and cheap to mod (yes, I know the WRX is as well). I still want to get an STI someday, though.

Ike
    You can find used WRXs for round 15k...

guys dont knock those GTP's until you run one and find what they are all about! I though pshtt, one day when my car was mostly stock, and was given a run for my money from a 30kick. got em by a few cars from a dead stop, but from the roll, I couldent pull ne at all...they are pretty quick!

What do you guys do to those cars? I imagine a boost controler is up there on the list? Exhaust? etc?

What is done to yours?
    My doctor said that I need to eat some rice from time to time, its good for my health.

Modded 4.6L GT
    Eneough to eat a WRX from a dig.

uke
    I've got a 3.4" supercharger pulley (as opposed to the stock 3.8"), which makes more boost, this is the biggest mod, which is about a 25-30hp increase. Just got other typical stuff like intake, exhaust, new computer (chip).

I "guesstimate" that I'm between 290-300 crank HP by now. I hope to save up for rockers and headers in the future, which would put me in low 13's, if my tranny doesn't blow up by then (GTP's biggest weak point)

WRX
    a wrx with a boost controller will own you to 70, unless you went from a roll.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    A WRX will own lots of cars up to 70mph. But as evident by your trap speed with that 1/4 mile time, things could be a LOT different past 70mph.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

uke
    Originally posted by WRX
    That very well may be true, but as the original topic of the post states, I've never been able to find out .

I drove my friends GTP with the stage 2 supercharger and it was pretty quick. ive never driven a WRX, i just have my slow ranger, so it was pretty fast for me.

Oh I wasn't knocking the GTP!

I like the car. I wish the Grand Am GT came with the GTP's engine! That would rock!

I'll run ya just meet me at great lakes Fri.
    "Does this look like a Q to you?"
    <swivles hips>
    "How bout now?"

Giggidy Giggidy Giggidy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast