Can't get a race with a WRX to save my life (blah) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can't get a race with a WRX to save my life (blah) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by MustGoFast I'll run ya just meet me at great lakes Fri. That's a looooooooooooooooooooooong drive from Kansas, ...

uke
    Originally posted by MustGoFast
    I'll run ya just meet me at great lakes Fri.

That's a looooooooooooooooooooooong drive from Kansas, but thanks for the offer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That seems a funny thing to say, can't get a race with a WRX. The only chance I had to race one, the driver took the bait. I was on a stock 250 Ninja at Deal's Gap, and if I rode my *** off, I could creep up on him. His car had serious chassis mods, not sure of the motor.

Another time my friend Jon was riding his 1976 Triumph Bonneville, and a WRX came alongside him for a race from a 45 mph roll. (The WRX lost to the high 13's bike, but still put up a respectable fight. And we all know that with some work, a WRX can beat a stock pushrod Triumph, the 318 turns at Deal's Gap included.)

My friend Mike had a 5.0 Mustang he made from a 4cyl that got stomped in the corners and just could squeak by the WRX in a straight line.

As rare as WRX's are around here that is a lot of races. The best thing was that the WRX drivers liked to play and seemed to be good sports (on and offline). Some of the other forums have drivers and riders who get all bent out of shape of you say vehicle X can beat vehicle Y, even if you just lined up and found out that day. Although I live eat and breath to corner triple digit dirtbikes, for me this is the best speed forum on the web. I think the WRX guys are the most insightful and many can even understand the fun of dirt, given the car's rally inspiration.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by britishbikes
    1976 Triumph Bonneville
    Luv those Triumphs
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

uke
    I agree with the fact that people here are cool. That's why I post here, even though I don't own a WRX. I was starting to get worried a couple weeks back when we had a wave of trolls sweep in and make the place dump, but that seems to have passed.

Thanks for keeping this a great, friendly place folks!

Come out to NY, I'll race you

Also, I'd like to say its really funny that Uke and Ike are posting in the same thread....
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I want one of those Daytonas. They're fast. Faster than my Rex

I love Triumphs, really great bikes and cars. My dad has a TR-3 stashed in the garage, and says he's willing to run against me in the 1/4 mile next time there's an open track night Not sure if I can embarass my old man like that. On a side note, if you're ever in Florida, I've never raced a GTP, so I'd hit it.

I raced a gtp that lives out by me. He had headders and full exhaust. I did not get to race off the line but we raced from a roll on at about 25 and i worked him up to about 80 or so. He continusly pulled on me from the begining but it was only then that i was passed. Those cars are quick but my car is stock.
    Stephanie
    2002 Aspen White WRX!!!
    Blondes Do It Better.....
    " I may be a girl but im ahead of you!" HA HA HA

WRX
    Originally posted by smokey
    A WRX will own lots of cars up to 70mph. But as evident by your trap speed with that 1/4 mile time, things could be a LOT different past 70mph.
    I certainly understand that, however uke was stating that he would only race up to 70 if it was on the street.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by WRX
    I certainly understand that, however uke was stating that he would only race up to 70 if it was on the street.
    I understand that as well. I just think its slightly funny that Honda's get ripped for only racing from a roll (which I agree is pretty weak) but there seems to be some guys around here that only race up to 70mph on the street, which is obviously by far and away the WRX's strong suit. Once 70mph comes up, well, you know what I mean. WRX's could slam plenty of faster cars up to 70mph w/out a doubt.

I just don't get it - racing at 70mph speeds on local roads is jail time anyway. So the justification of "only going 70mph" seems like an oxymoron to me. Just as racing from a roll isn't a real race, to me, racing to 70mph isn't even a real race because its not even a 1/8 mile jont for our cars. Just an observation, that's all. Don't mind me, I like to ramble on
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

uke
    Wait a minute, where did I say that I only race up to 70??

If I do race, it'll either be at the track, or in a safe, empty (side country road) area up to a decent speed (probably around 100 or so).
    Last edited by uke; 04-06-2004 at 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by uke
    Wait a minute, where did I say that I only race up to 70??

If I do race, it'll either be at the track, or in a safe, empty area up to a decent speed (probably around 100 or so).
    My bad, maybe someone else said that.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Originally posted by wrxinfx
    I want one of those Daytonas. They're fast. Faster than my Rex
    The Daytona is the bike in the avatar. It is a 500cc pushrod twin with a 90 degree included valve angle. It has a top speed of about 92mph and lots of flywheel, so it isn't even quick in the first two gears. It corners ok on smooth pavement, but has weak brakes, so twisty road speed is pretty modest too. I can't think of anyplace on pavement that it could outrun a WRX except through a 3' doorway.

It is an antique, with the basic engine design dating back to 1937, although 1967 is the frist year that Triumph produced a Daytona, with two carbs instead of one. The race version won the '66 Daytona 200 500cc class. It topped out at 140mph.

Originally posted by smokey
    My bad, maybe someone else said that.
    I was the one who said i only race to like 70 on the street. I go to higher speeds on the interstate and roads in the middle of no where, but 70 is plenty fast on city streets with 40 mph speed limits.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Aren't the Daytonas the 955i's? Sorry about that one. Thought the 955i was a Daytona and the 2001 600cc was a TT. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.