Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was amazed when I visited (newcelica.org) how many people are managing to hit over 100 trap speed. With that ...

Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU

I was amazed when I visited (newcelica.org) how many people are managing to hit over 100 trap speed. With that speed, it shouldn't have problem beating WRXs, S2000, ITR, RSX Type-S ... from the roll. It is impressive what it can do with BPU. IMO...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I was amazed when I visited (newcelica.org) how many people are managing to hit over 100 trap speed. With that speed, it shouldn't have problem beating WRXs, S2000, ITR, RSX Type-S ... from the roll. It is impressive what it can do with BPU. IMO...
    they are really capable cars, but do not get enough respect. much like the integras and rsx-s they are really quick cars when driven right. many many people high 14's stock and get into the mid to low 14's with simple bolt on's.

guy i know has a GTS with CAI, catback, STS and he is running 14.6
    with header, and ecu we are expecting very low 14's
    its 1/4 mile time, although good, is very deceaving to its top end power. they trap high and with the high redline and little weight they are crazy at high speeds

def. dont get the respect that is deserved
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

BPU=?

Originally posted by SjpWrx
    BPU=?
    Basic Performance Upgrade

Was used mostly for Supras a few years ago I think but have since progressed to every car with simple bolt ons.

Paul

I noticed that it was achieved by stripped interior and with drag radial on. But it is still impressive...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    GTS's can suck it. I'm not impressed...

There's a SUPER riced out one where I used to live with TRD stickers all over it, gawdy body kit, all the bells and whistles, but no turbo...Very disappointing.
    2003 SRT-4

guy with Intake, unbolted rear muffler, drag radials, gutted interior, and the brand new piggy back they got ran a 13.7@101

that is gonna be trouble for stage2 rexs so we better watch out
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

There's a SUPER riced out one where I used to live with TRD stickers all over it, gawdy body kit, all the bells and whistles, but no turbo...Very disappointing.
    some truth in that, for every nice one there's a city full of ricey decaled ones
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

yeah the 00-01s are the fastest with better ecu that doesn't limit the revs. ive seen vids on that site that have gts' keeping up with s2ks and type Rs on the freeway which is really cool
    Kory "I love Rexes and STis"

- 2006 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6
    - 2001 Acura CL Type S
    - 1998 Prelude S
    - 1997 Eclipse GSX
    - 1996 Eclipse GS

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

most people that get them fast stay all motor anyways. stickers or not, they are pretty nice cars, and have good potential.

I would have to say i see more stupid looking camaro's than celicas. especially the hicks that drive them.
    and i am not impressed by the camaros reliability
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

same engine will be used for 05 Lotus Elise

I was at carlsbad saturday when mike (00silverGTS6spd on NC.org) made his runs. I was amazed at how hard his car pulled. He was running consistent 13 sec at 100mph+. What's more amazing is he's doing this with only intake, ecu, and gutted interior.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    especially the hicks that drive them.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    most people that get them fast stay all motor anyways. stickers or not, they are pretty nice cars, and have good potential.

I would have to say i see more stupid looking camaro's than celicas. especially the hicks that drive them.
    and i am not impressed by the camaros reliability
    some camaro drivers are a-holes but it's like everything else...

Im not attacking celica drivers, im attacking the car itself...

I dont know of any camaro reliability issues?? I do know of a guy with 220k miles on his, and with a blower is making over 500rwhp on the stock motor.
    2003 SRT-4

I'm sorry but that time really doesn't impress me all that much. I mean the celicas are finally getting into the 13's N/A and the current generation has been out for how long............

Besides, gutting the interior, unbolting the exhaust are great for the track but when I go I keep my car exactly how it is on the street so I know how it will react in the real world highway / stoplight situations.

Most of us are thinking how fast does it run with its regular full weight and street tires? Probably .5 slower. In the absence of real power, weight reduction is the best solution if you want to go fast.
    02 Wrx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast