Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by renichms Thanks for the info. My PT Cruiser is low powered and would get nasty wheel hop ...

Originally posted by renichms
    Thanks for the info. My PT Cruiser is low powered and would get nasty wheel hop and torque steer, so I can see how that'd be a really nasty problem. How much would some form of more drag oriented tires help that?

RN
    The best thing for wheel hop is to get some aftermarket motor mounts. Only problem is, they can cause cabin vibration at idle. But I know this is the solution for many RSX'ers and Spec V guys (who get tons of wheel hop with their torque numbers).
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are a ton of celicas out there that could hang with an STI or stage 2-3 wrx from a roll. You can get a GT-S for wayy less than 20 grand, and with $1500 or so invested it can perform quite well. I saw one run a 13.3 at the track, with I/E/limited slip/50 shot. Its still a chic car, but respectable for being what it is.

Type S's though have the better aftermarket support, and the more compliant ECU's. I dont think Ive seen an N/A one reach 12's yet, but surely its happened. With Cybernations Stage 1 turbo kit, or maybe its Stage 2 I forget.....they've run 11.7 with some sticky tires of course.

Originally posted by ervv173
    There are a ton of celicas out there that could hang with an STI or stage 2-3 wrx from a roll. You can get a GT-S for wayy less than 20 grand, and with $1500 or so invested it can perform quite well. I saw one run a 13.3 at the track, with I/E/limited slip/50 shot. Its still a chic car, but respectable for being what it is.

Type S's though have the better aftermarket support, and the more compliant ECU's. I dont think Ive seen an N/A one reach 12's yet, but surely its happened. With Cybernations Stage 1 turbo kit, or maybe its Stage 2 I forget.....they've run 11.7 with some sticky tires of course.
    thank you, this has been my point the whole thread. chic car, but none the less deserves mad respect. a car that can be had for around $15g's and with i/e/h and ecu will run well into 13's with top end that will hang with low 13sec cars to high 12sec cars.
    all from a 1.8L (non-built) 4cylinder. to me thats pretty impressive, and same goes with the rsx-s

smokey: motor mounts are a good solution for the hop, but like you said, it can take away from the smoothness of a car especially one like the rsx-s. wheel hop isnt there but rattling and shaky idle is even when driving casually.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima

although the traps on the car is similar, i personally think its pretty impressive that a celica (pretty much known as a chic car) can run 13's and trap at those speeds with ecu and very basic bolt on's.

I could get a STOCK WRX in the 11's.

Ill gut the sh*t out of it(Dash seats everything). Take off the hood...trunk, fenders, doors. Sit on milk crates with zip tie seat belts. Make sure i take a sh*t before i go......no extra weight!

Hit my 11's and get all sorts of mad props.

POINT OF THE STORY: More to a car than running 13's at a track. I for one like my drink holder!
    Last edited by skyjock41; 04-06-2004 at 12:08 PM.

you guys do realize that stock Celica's weigh 2500lbs? That's not very much at all anyways, especially for the newer sport compacts. Im not sure how much he stripped his car but it may be less than you think.

Originally posted by skyjock41
    I could get a STOCK WRX in the 11's.

Ill gut the sh*t out of it(Dash seats everything). Take off the hood...trunk, fenders, doors. Sit on milk crates with zip tie seat belts. Make sure i take a sh*t before i go......no extra weight!

Hit my 11's and get all sorts of mad props.

POINT OF THE STORY: More to a car than running 13's at a track. I for one like my drink holder!
    that particular car my have been stripped, but the ones i was refering to were not. it is only a mid 2000 pound car stock. i have seen them with ECU, header, intake, exhaust, and mild weight reduction like taking out the front seat, spare tire, jack, and still run 13's with 100+ traps

same goes for the rsx-s and type R
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234