Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by StoplightWarrior some camaro drivers are a-holes but it's like everything else... Im not attacking celica drivers, im ...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    some camaro drivers are a-holes but it's like everything else...

Im not attacking celica drivers, im attacking the car itself...

I dont know of any camaro reliability issues?? I do know of a guy with 220k miles on his, and with a blower is making over 500rwhp on the stock motor.
    ...and I know of a handful of guys with 5.0 Mustangs running stock block, heads, intake, cam, and with a turbo kit making 5-600+rwhp with 100,000+ miles on them. I beat Celica GTS's with my stock V6 Accord. They are weak.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Stop racing the auto GT-Ss they run 16sec quarter miles ahah Stock V6 accord is high 15s right?

Originally posted by AjIsDope
    I beat Celica GTS's with my stock V6 Accord. They are weak.
    04 WRX Black no options!
    Helix up/downpipe, HKS catback & Bov, autometer gauges and MRT shortshifter, Bronze Rota SDRs, UTEC, tein SS coilovers, HKS type1 turbo timer, 6000K HIDs, JDM spec C front/rear lips, 20% tint
    to be installed: Mines Spoiler

Originally posted by kit99bar
    Stop racing the auto GT-Ss they run 16sec quarter miles ahah Stock V6 accord is high 15s right?
    The Accord had a good punch from a roll though. With basic bolt ons the Celicas were MUCH easier. I beat a 240hp V6 Altima with intake, headers, mufflers, and pullies. I was putting down about the same hp as the Nissan then.

Originally posted by kit99bar
    guy with Intake, unbolted rear muffler, drag radials, gutted interior, and the brand new piggy back they got ran a 13.7@101

that is gonna be trouble for stage2 rexs so we better watch out
    13.7 isn't bad but...not too much to worry about. I know an STi has more power than a WRX but...with bad traction, heatsoaked intercooler and missing a gear, I can run a 13.7.

I'd like to see what BPU is for these cars and also what else can be done. Any in the 12s?

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

Originally posted by renichms
    13.7 isn't bad but...not too much to worry about. I know an STi has more power than a WRX but...with bad traction, heatsoaked intercooler and missing a gear, I can run a 13.7.

I'd like to see what BPU is for these cars and also what else can be done. Any in the 12s?

RN
    Trap speed is what impress me the most...

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    some camaro drivers are a-holes but it's like everything else...

Im not attacking celica drivers, im attacking the car itself...

I dont know of any camaro reliability issues?? I do know of a guy with 220k miles on his, and with a blower is making over 500rwhp on the stock motor.
    the ls1 motor is good, but everything else was built with the engineering of a 5 year old with ADD.
    i am not saying to have to be impressed by a 170hp car for under 20g's that can run 13's for $1500, but other than the LS1 the camaro isnt anything to be impressed with either.
    and personally i am not impressed with a car that that has a 5.7 liter V-8 pushing over 300whp that runs 13's and gets 15mpg.
    especially when every person i know with one has needed some type of fairly expensive work done to it within 60k miles
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

for the record, i am not attacking you, just the camaro.
    not saying you have one, but i encounter this "camaro is greater than Jesus" attitude on a daily basis. and my comments are just personal observations, but are irronically shared by everyone that doesnt own one, there seems to be a great bias with these cars
    Just call me Clark Kent

meh, i could care less. still a girls car.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    for the record, i am not attacking you, just the camaro.
    not saying you have one, but i encounter this "camaro is greater than Jesus" attitude on a daily basis. and my comments are just personal observations, but are irronically shared by everyone that doesnt own one, there seems to be a great bias with these cars

my best friend with a 96 SS LT1, automatic, that things in the shop every month with some kind of problem. with like 30k babied miles.

Peter North > *

Originally posted by ebr0t
    my best friend with a 96 SS LT1, automatic, that things in the shop every month with some kind of problem. with like 30k babied miles.
    one friend has a 2000 SS with about 35k miles and is on his 3rd auto trans. granite, he beats on the car, but what do you expect when you buy an SS, its meant to be driven hard. also been in for several other stuff ranging from weather stripping pealing off, to electrical problems

another friend with a 98 Z-28 has been in the shop about 5 times in the last year
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    one friend has a 2000 SS with about 35k miles and is on his 3rd auto trans. granite, he beats on the car, but what do you expect when you buy an SS, its meant to be driven hard. also been in for several other stuff ranging from weather stripping pealing off, to electrical problems

another friend with a 98 Z-28 has been in the shop about 5 times in the last year

thing is my friend refuses to beat on it... its rather annoying lol

Peter North > *

Originally posted by WRXreX
    Trap speed is what impress me the most...
    100-102 doesn't impress me. I've topped that before and can easily do so again. For that car, it may be good, but in the big scheme of things, it's kinda maybe somewhat mediocre. From a roll, a Celica trapping 102 might give me a good run, but I'm still going to outright run away from it.

RN
    2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi - WR Blue/Gold wheels
    60': 1.768
    1/4: 13.155 @ 102.02 MPH

That's kick ass, no the Celica doesn't get much respect for what they can do. 13sec 1/4miles is good stuff for an N/A engine. Yeh you guys are comparing it to your AWD, snail driven 2 liters. Celica is a 1.8, FWD, N/A four cylinder!

I Support ClubWRX
    I think the Celica is a capable car. Not my cup of tea, but capable. I love the grunt the camaro has, but the reliability issues have kept me away from them. My friend is going through it also with his LS1. Great motor, but the rest isn't up to par.

Re: Celica GT-S hitting 101-102 trap speed with BPU

Originally posted by WRXreX
    I was amazed when I visited (newcelica.org) how many people are managing to hit over 100 trap speed. With that speed, it shouldn't have problem beating WRXs, S2000, ITR, RSX Type-S ... from the roll. It is impressive what it can do with BPU. IMO...
    RSX-S's trap at 100mph or higher with similar mods, so its still pretty even overall. Also, we are well below 13.7 w/out drag's N/A, so I fail to see what everyone is implying. RSX has a MUCH larger aftermarket, just leaps and bounds ahead of the Celi's right now.

And that one guy that hit 13.7, while extremely impressive, did it on DR's and was gutted down to 2400lbs. We have a few guys that hit those numbers w/out DR's and with basically the same bolt ons, while not stripping their cars out.

I give Celi's respect though, as I do most cars. They do a lot with 1.8 litres, that's for sure.
    2005 NBP Accord EX-V6 6MT
    AEM CAI, HFP aerokit, Comptech SS
    17" Enkei RS7s on YokoES100 tires

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast