First Kill: STi vs. Stang

This is a discussion on First Kill: STi vs. Stang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok heres the story. Me and a friend ar going out for a night on the town. We're both in ...

First Kill: STi vs. Stang

Ok heres the story.

Me and a friend ar going out for a night on the town. We're both in seperate cars, he is in a '97 GST me in my '04 STi. We're going over a not so used stretch of road that is a unfinished 4 lane highway that get off at one intersection. Well my friend is way ahead of me but still in sight when I come up on a Corvette thinking that I might be able to get it to make a run with me. Well in my rearview I see a car pulling on me quick. I'm doing about 75mph at the time so I slow down thinking that he is trying to catch up to go for a run. I get to about 60mph when he does his fly by and I see it is just a V6 Mustang and I'm thinking "this is really mismatched." Well I'm tooling along in 6th gear when he flys by me he puts about 4 car lengths on me. I drop only one gear into 5th and real him in and pass him before I'm doing 90mph. Around 110 I shutdown and he flys by me again. I'm pretty sure is was an auto trans in it and it had zero mods done to it but he did have some really ugly chrome rims on it. I am also running a bone stock '04. Mismatched yes but I just had to post because of it being my first kill in the STi I was hoping that we were going to the same place but he turned about 2 blocks before the place where I was headed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: First Kill: STi vs. Stang

Originally posted by shortbus
    I was hoping that we were going to the same place but he turned about 2 blocks before the place where I was headed.
    Guess he wasnt going to the gay bar!

Re: Re: First Kill: STi vs. Stang

Originally posted by skyjock41
    Guess he wasnt going to the gay bar!
    Ehhh... It's very possible he was. But I wound up going to the bowling alley for the night. I just don't think he knew what he was going up against.

I was just f'in with ya.

I raced a 98 Mustang V8 last night from a dig & roll and won but didnt even bother posting about it. I think those years are weak. Im still waiting for my accessport to show up show i can upload the stage 2 map.

If you would of done 4th gear it would of been even more of a slaughter.

I know you were just F'ing with me. I just felt I had to post it cause it was the first time someone really wanted to go up against me in my STi since I got it about a month ago. I would have loved to see the look on there face when I pased them as quick as I did. I will definitly have to agree with you that they are weak. It'd have been a much better run had it have been a V8.

Congrats on your first kill in the STI. But i'm sure any mustang fan can agree with me here. a mustang isn't a mustang unless it has a V8. Even i don't care about V6 mustangs. they aren't anything. to me it's a waste to buy a v6 mustang. stupid v6 mustang. i would also have to agree with you on how weak the 98 and a couple of years before are not anything. race a 99+. see how you fare against them. just watch out for those with a little whine to them.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

Yeah I was kinda bummed bout it only being a V6 and most likely an automatic cause it just isn't a real car. But the driver of it was probably thinking they owned the road cause he was driving a "Mustang" and i was driving an import. So I had to show them up. It's a pitty a lot of people don't know what the WRX is capable of. But I'd like to see how I would fair against a GT or a Cobra 03+. I know that the Cobra would destroy me but it still be one fun run in my eyes.

yeah show the stupid drivers like that up. i would as well. i'm waiting for an STI or an 03 Cobra to give me a run, just to see how i fair against them. And if i lose, well at least i got to see the power of those cars.
    2001 GT Mustang - Supercharged, 351RWHP...352RWTQ-old #'s
    Newest Numbers 401RWHP 392RWTQ..and tomorrow it will be higher

Originally posted by SQ Stang
    yeah show the stupid drivers like that up. i would as well. i'm waiting for an STI or an 03 Cobra to give me a run, just to see how i fair against them. And if i lose, well at least i got to see the power of those cars.
    My thoughts exactly. To bad your not from up this way. It'd be fun to see how we fair against each other. Guess I'll have to wait till I run into one around here which probably won't be anytime soon. Given all the ricers that live in my area. Yeah well.

nice kill. it's always fun beating up on the smaller guys...

Originally posted by FastARSEWRX
    nice kill. it's always fun beating up on the smaller guys...
    Always is when they're stupid enough to pick the fight.