WRX vs......Yamaha Dirt Bike?

This is a discussion on WRX vs......Yamaha Dirt Bike? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; No kidding. This kid on a street legal Yamaha Motocross Bike, I don't know the cc's but from the size ...

WRX vs......Yamaha Dirt Bike?

No kidding. This kid on a street legal Yamaha Motocross Bike, I don't know the cc's but from the size of it I would guess at least 250cc. He spots me behind him and keep looking back at me. I pass him in the other lane and he gets behind me. We stop at the next light, it turns green and I see him try to get into the other lane to pass. So I kick the Monkey and we're off. I pull on him till about 75 and shut down. But he was trying to race me for sure. I even had the A/C on. I'm a little impressed though. Bikes can be pretty quick. I know this was just a single cylinder dirt bike but it was still fun. I'm not racing any street bikes though. I know when to quit.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Initial-d~4life's Avatar

hehe

well this has nothing to do with a wrx but it has something to do with a street bike. my freind came to pick me up in his civic there most have been like 4 us in in that little car and we just driving until we see a a R6. lol but the thing was there was like this 350 pound thug life on it. well we stop at a lite and of course my freinds in the back are a little drunk and start talking smack tyo the guy about a race so the guy says ok, mean while i know the guy would kill us but what the hell. so lite turns green and were off lol he smoked us but we dind;lt care because his shirt kept coming up and it looked like he was 9 months pregnate and we were pissing our pants. so we come up to him again luaghing really hard and we tell him that we weren't ready to let us equip the nos lol which we dont have any. needless to say thug life didn;t want to race any more cause it was a waste of his time but dam was it alot of fun for us lol.

Actually ....

I had a little encounter w/ a cruiser bike going to the dyno earlier this month. My brother was behind me in his S2000 and I was the 1st car at the light in the right lane. A cruiser bike pulls up next to me w/ a girl in the back behind the guy who was the driver. Well light turns green and I drive normally however I just floored it once I started to roll because I heard the bike start moving. Well I pull on him threw 1st and 2nd and stopped at the beginning of 3rd. I got maybe a car length or so. Tom, my brother, was like dude you pulled away from a BIKE ... the girl was thrown back when the guy tried to keep up w/ you. It's too funny.
    2004 STI White/Gold
    251whp & 263ft/lbs ( Stock ): 0-60 = 4.8 ( Fastest = 4.1 ) & 1/4 = ?
    276whp & 290ft/lbs ( DP ): 0-60 = 4.5 & 1/4 = 12.9 @ 105mph

Re: WRX vs......Yamaha Dirt Bike?

Originally posted by koyokid
    No kidding. This kid on a street legal Yamaha Motocross Bike, I don't know the cc's but from the size of it I would guess at least 250cc. He spots me behind him and keep looking back at me. I pass him in the other lane and he gets behind me. We stop at the next light, it turns green and I see him try to get into the other lane to pass. So I kick the Monkey and we're off. I pull on him till about 75 and shut down. But he was trying to race me for sure. I even had the A/C on. I'm a little impressed though. Bikes can be pretty quick. I know this was just a single cylinder dirt bike but it was still fun. I'm not racing any street bikes though. I know when to quit.
    Was it a dirt bike or a trail bike? The easiest way to know is by the amount of noise it made. If it was REALLY high-pitched and loud then it was a dirt bike, if it was kinda quiet then it was a trail bike.

The reason I ask is generally, dirt bikes can't be made street legal, whereas trail bikes can/are. Dirt bikes have two-stroke motors, and trail bikes have four stroke motors. All else being equal, a two stroke motor will be faster/quicker than a four stroke motor.

Good kill, either way, but if it was a dirt bike than it was an even better kill.
    Sheppe (aka WRXless)
    '02 Jetta GLS 1.8T

Jetta Pic 1
    Jetta Pic 2
    Jetta Pic 3

Re: Re: WRX vs......Yamaha Dirt Bike?

Originally posted by WRXless

Was it a dirt bike or a trail bike? The easiest way to know is by the amount of noise it made. If it was REALLY high-pitched and loud then it was a dirt bike, if it was kinda quiet then it was a trail bike.

The reason I ask is generally, dirt bikes can't be made street legal, whereas trail bikes can/are. Dirt bikes have two-stroke motors, and trail bikes have four stroke motors. All else being equal, a two stroke motor will be faster/quicker than a four stroke motor.

Good kill, either way, but if it was a dirt bike than it was an even better kill.
    More than likely a Trail Bike.
    Prodrive Headlight Conversion
    STi Front Grill
    Turbochargers.com Stage 1 Turbo Upgrade - T28 Compressor
    The most important mod is the one behind the steering wheel
    Wagons Are Cool Check Out My Baby Here!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by honda125 View Post
    just so i could get things straight. i was just surfin the site because im lookin at a WRX. i race motocross, and this guy doesnt know what he is talking about. a dirt bike is a dirt bike, theres MX and offroad dirt bikes and dual sport. but trail bikes can have 2-strokes, ie. KDX220, ktm 250 xc-w, etc. dirt bikes can be street legal, even 2-smokes, matters where you live tho. just put DOT tires and lights, speedo, etc and register it. if it was a MX bike it could have been a 4-stroke it would have sounded like a fart. you can have a trail bike thats louder then a mx bike also. i think a 525sx ktm could give your scooby a ride if he had a smaller sprocket. but no prob, if anyone needs info on bikes, PM me.
    You just bumped a 6 year old thread. What makes it even worse is that the OP is actually dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    You just bumped a 6 year old thread. What makes it even worse is that the OP is actually dead.

RIP KK
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

BTW, I think this guy is a troll trying to sell stuff. Just ban him. If not for being a potential troll, then for doing what you already pointed out.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Please do not bump a thread that has not been active for 6 years.

Koyokid....
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"