cobbs stg 2 vs turbo IS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on cobbs stg 2 vs turbo IS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It wasnt pretty at all. I saw this civic looking car in my review coming up fast behind me. I ...

cobbs stg 2 vs turbo IS

It wasnt pretty at all. I saw this civic looking car in my review coming up fast behind me. I was doing about 65 70 not sure. But then i see this front monunt. I wasnt sure what it was. The Front mount had somesorta lettering on it couldnt make it out. I put it in 3rd pulled an inch with him behind me. then all of a sudden i see this car fly by me. It wasnt pretty. this car was fast. i must of been doing atleast 100 with him going at least 120 by his spool up.
    Round two
    He was infront of me we had truned off rt1 on sproul rd. Two lane road. i got in the right hand lane. he wasi n the left. i took off he just blew by me. It was no joke i got him to pull over and talk for alittle. He had some sorta 351 turbo cant remeber what exactally what it was, but from what he told me he said he was around 600 horse on pump gas and around 700 on c16. This turbo was so big it didnt even have and intake on it. he showed it to me. He melted his turbo rape or heat wrape that was around it. He told me he ran 10.62 at the track. I BELEAVE HIM. This car was insane.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

????
    so it was a turbo is300 or not. I have never seen one that high in #'s nor 1/4 mile time. huh.
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yeah,I'd like to get a good look at that car,sounds crazy fast
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

i didn't get ANY of that
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I saw a turbo IS in modified mag It had supra internals and huge turbo i forgot how much power it was putting out somethin like 500+.....this one sounds pretty simliar its crazy how that 2jz motor can make so much power with just some boost..

motor trend tested a turbo is300 once going around a track

Yes it was an IS300 (Trailboss) sorry i should of never dropped out of college!!!The turbo was really big. When i was walking up to his car i asked if it was a t3t4 he said no bigger, way bigger. If i see him around ill try to find out what type. I asked him how muchhe spent for the turbo he said $1500, hes a little Korean guy (really nice)

Might want to see if he's over on www.is300.net. Lotsa turboed IS3's over there.
    2002 WRX Sedan, Blue.
    Catless, Cobb Stage 2, and so on.

well we all know that the supra is a dyno queen, and can easily put numbers above 700hp. so i think 600hp on race fuel is possible. supras gain a crazy amount of power on that, and essentially they share the same engine.

10.6 is kinda fast for a turbo is300, i have yet to hear of one running that... but with race fuel and slicks i guess is possible
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima

10.6 is kinda fast for a turbo is300, i have yet to hear of one running that... but with race fuel and slicks i guess is possible
    i have a friend whoi has run 11.9 in his t66 is300 so tens is possible on slicks with like a perfect driver i guess....
    if its not fast it better be a show car

HAHAH, nice **** man. Did the IC say "XS" and was the car blue? If so its a kid I've met him a few times, through friends. IIRC hes got a GTE block, Crower everything else. His numbers are def correct.

When he first made the car he still had the stock auto and the trans gave out shifting from 3rd to fourth and he still ran a 13.00

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    well we all know that the supra is a dyno queen, and can easily put numbers above 700hp. so i think 600hp on race fuel is possible. supras gain a crazy amount of power on that, and essentially they share the same engine.

Yea they are dyno queens I saw one at the track guy made like 600 hp but had no traction at all he was running like mid-high thirteens on one of his runs he ran a 14 he was just really struggling for traction.

i'm gonna be ptuting a T66 on my 3TC corolla motor in a couple years or so... wanna run that ?

suppose to run 10s and be a daily driver ... fun fun fun

that kind of IS300 buildup costs $30,000 installed. I saw the website but can' remember which. Congrats, your $27,000 car got own3d by $60,000. For the IS300 to go turbo, you need exhaust, ecu, injectors, fuel pump, new HEAD, turbo, plumbing, IC, intake, intake manifold...
    basically $10,000 in parts.

meh, should have got a supra.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I prefer the IS300. My friend has one and it is one of the best luxury cars I've ridden in. The interior is top notch. I'd take a 600 hp IS300 over a 600hp supra anyday.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast