STi vs 03 Cobra - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on STi vs 03 Cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; It's good to see you finally in the 12s . That's what I love about those new Cobras. Simple bolt-ons ...

It's good to see you finally in the 12s .

That's what I love about those new Cobras. Simple bolt-ons turn these cars into complete monsters. With an 116mph trap and slicks, a decent launch on that tire should have netted him 11s easily. Good times.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by SGOSWRX
    I'm finding it pretty easy to pull very fast 60' times in my STi. The car just lays down the power really well leaving the line.

I believe Copracer288 pulled a 1.64 sec 60'time in his lightly modded STi. Thats the fastest I've seen so far.
    Yup. 1.64 with just a Blitz intake and Godspeed Downpipe.

For comparison, my '71 Chevelle ran 11.7s @ 113 with a 500HP (est.) 454 in it. My best 60' with that was 1.63 with 10' racing slicks.

But back on topic, nice death. I think it was impressive you hung in there as long as you did.
    Rob

'07 Dodge Charger SRT8, black

Gone but not forgotten: '04 STi, '01 Camaro SS

Life Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars

I think that the advantage of our AWD systems and gearing allows us to stay with much more powerful cars for some distance. You ran a 12.8 and kept up with a car that ran a 12.2 for 3/4 of the track. WOW, thatís is impressive. I also own a 03 Cobra with the following stage options. (See options C, D and E) http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobra.htm
    My Car ran an 11.88 122mph with a 1.6 60 ft time. I still loose traction when shifting from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I raced a STI when stock and it was close the entire way. He ran a 13.10 @104 to my 12.8 @ 111.

wha's the top speed in 4th?

that seem to be a big disadvantage since you have to shift 4 times for a 1/4 mi. race
    k&n, sti-hoodscoop, engine mounts, & tranny mount, blitz dtt, catless up-pipe, samco ic hose, greddy CC, cusco f/r swaybars, gutted midpipe, oil cooler, prodrive exhaust & f/r replica sti strut tower bar, gunmetal rota tarmac, goodridge ss lines, p'n'p exhaust manifold

deny the fly-by

Originally posted by capt'n'caveman
    wha's the top speed in 4th?

that seem to be a big disadvantage since you have to shift 4 times for a 1/4 mi. race
    Its around 95mph. Yes, it really sucks having to shift into 5th gear near the end of the track. It has to cost us a tenth or two.

To many shifts on the STI. You have to shift to 3rd to get to 60 and into 5th to get to 100. WOW, 5th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile. WOW.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-05-2004 at 03:17 PM.

Modded 03 cobra's are lethal cars! ;-) I must say that I am happy to hear that story...but you put up a good fight. I guess you can say..you could get em in a street race. Unless he could somehow get it to hook on the street like that....but, thats a big IF..
    My doctor said that I need to eat some rice from time to time, its good for my health.

Modded 4.6L GT
    Eneough to eat a WRX from a dig.

Good job, modified 03 Cobra's are fast.
    2003 Evolution 8
    Buschur Racing 3'' turboback exhaust with high flow cat
    Apexi SAFCII
    Turboxs HPmbc(19psi)
    Injen intake kit.
    HKS 264/272
    329+awhp/327+awtq.
    345awhp/344awtq "catless".

You're a brave man to challenge an '03 Cobra

Nice death.

STI is one bad a$$ car. I respect the hell out of them. It's funny, everytime I line up against on at a lite with my 03 Cobra we just look at each other and give each other the thumbs up. When the light turns green we go on our marry way with out thinking about racing each other. STI owners show much respect for the Cobra as I do for the STI. I am not a street racer, but I am also well a where of the STI's advantage on the street.
    Last edited by Drod; 04-06-2004 at 06:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.