Stg 2 WRX vs Camaro SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stg 2 WRX vs Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; And LT4s look like this and only like this:...

In Ray's house while he's jacking it in his car.
    And LT4s look like this and only like this:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lt4.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I didnt really get a good look at it, it was pretty dark and the car was black. All i noticed was the SS badging and the SS wing.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

Im not calling Bs but....how many people did he have in the car. I raced a ss when I was at txs stage 2 and I was ahead from a 30 roll till 70 and then he pulled on me pretty good. By 120 he had 4-5 cars on me. Only drivers included. Those things are pretty mean from a roll. From a stop youll pull him but then at about 70 he fly by....Just my experiences speaking...
    L.I.S.C #00 (Treasurer)
    02 Wrx...465whp and 472 whtq. 100 Octane
    387whp and 371 whtq. 93 Octane

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by FrankW
    it's all good, those LS1 v8 are fast and cheap to mod too.
    2003 SRT-4

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Those Ls1 are about low 13s in quarter mile,stock
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Originally posted by josnroh
    Those Ls1 are about low 13s in quarter mile,stock
    yep...13.2-13.8 with decent driving...really good drivers break 12s and I've even seen a 12.69@113 from a bone stock 02
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    Im not calling Bs but....how many people did he have in the car. I raced a ss when I was at txs stage 2 and I was ahead from a 30 roll till 70 and then he pulled on me pretty good. By 120 he had 4-5 cars on me. Only drivers included. Those things are pretty mean from a roll. From a stop youll pull him but then at about 70 he fly by....Just my experiences speaking...
    It was dark,(about 2 am) windows closed and tinted, so naturally i couldnt see inside his car and he probally couldnt see inside mine for same reason. This was on the highway so no stoplight to chat at. As soon as the 2nd race was over i imediately took the next exit because i had already past my exit.
    <<My car
    Mods

Originally posted by 13secwrx
    it could of been this guy had stick and you raced an auto btw makes a big diffrence.

btw WRX-z what are you putting to the wheels with those mods? are you happy with cobbs? because i am planning on using them for my xt.

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    yep...13.2-13.8 with decent driving...really good drivers break 12s and I've even seen a 12.69@113 from a bone stock 02
    I know a guy running a 13.2 with a stock T/A 6mt, and another guy running a 13.4 with a stock SS 4at. We have no chance from a roll without a bigger turbo.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Originally posted by aheineken
    I know a guy running a 13.2 with a stock T/A 6mt, and another guy running a 13.4 with a stock SS 4at. We have no chance from a roll without a bigger turbo.
    NOPE. Thank you for recognizing that! (considering competent driver in the ls1)
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by audirs6
    it could of been this guy had stick and you raced an auto btw makes a big diffrence.

btw WRX-z what are you putting to the wheels with those mods? are you happy with cobbs? because i am planning on using them for my xt.
    I havent had a chance to get my car dynoed, But i'm very happy with the COBB reflash and their AccessPort. The car feels so much stronger with the reflash.
    <<My car
    Mods

Has anyone considered rice? In this day and age just because it looks and smells like an SS doesn't mean he didn't add things to make it look that way. That said, 12.69 in stock form is hard to believe w/ stock tires and engine. What does a corvette Z06 do it in?

Also, there are too many variables. We dont' even know really what kind of car it was, what condition, and even if it was tuned right or had any mods.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by zoophagy
    Was it an LS1? He never said it was. Everyone always assumes Camaros are LS1s. Couldn't it have been an LT1 or an LT4?

To clarify, I am not calling the results of the race into question, I just don't know why everyone always thinks this.
    sorry, I just assumed he saw the new one.

but would it make any difference tho if the SS is modded. doesn't matter which one they were, it's still gonna be fast.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Originally posted by keystah
    Has anyone considered rice? In this day and age just because it looks and smells like an SS doesn't mean he didn't add things to make it look that way. That said, 12.69 in stock form is hard to believe w/ stock tires and engine. What does a corvette Z06 do it in?

Also, there are too many variables. We dont' even know really what kind of car it was, what condition, and even if it was tuned right or had any mods.
    on the faster end of the spectrum, some have gotten 11.9 and 11.8 in completely stock form. browse some z06 forums. but they are considered mid 12 cars i guess....

an automatic trans LS1 has no performance setbacks. both versions can cut 2.0-2.2 60' times on stock GS-C or EagleF1 rubber. Watch out for the drag radials + torque converters... lethal little combo. instant twelve sec. car.
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast