Whipped a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe (260 or 280HP)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Whipped a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe (260 or 280HP) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I beat a White Infiniti G35 (280 HP I believe) sport coupe the other night from a stop. I had ...

Thumbs up Whipped a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe (260 or 280HP)

I beat a White Infiniti G35 (280 HP I believe) sport coupe the other night from a stop. I had two runs from a stoplight with him. On the first run, he jumped the gun a little and started rolling toward the light before it was green. I got a good (not great) start and jumped out to about a 2 car lead despite his cheap start and I kept him in my rear biew mirror until about 60 when we ran into some traffic. We got another red light on the highway and it was on. There was no traffic around. I got a crappy start (not quite a bog but slow) and only jumped about 1 car on him when the tranny hooked up. We went until 85 and he let off. I let off after he did. He was about 3/4 of a car back when it concluded. At the next light he gave me the thumbs up and waved. He seemed like a cool guy. He was a good sport and it looked like he enjoyed the run almost as much as I did even though I beat him. I only have a K&N filter (as far as upgrades) and I was running some off-road NOS octane booster on 91 pump gas.

02PWRX
    02PWRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Official ClubWRX arms dealer SOUTHPAW's Avatar
    You really beat him that bad stock? My friend just bought a G35 coupe loaded and I want to know if I could beat one. I finally drove his and it felt about as fast as my rex so i suppose... At what rpm were you launching?
    *1969 Camaro - Kickin' It Old School
    PICS & MODS

*2005 Corvette C6 - A few APS bolt-ons
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning
    *2003 Subaru WRX - 332 AWHP - SOLD
    PICS & MODS <- Built by XX Tuning

wow... beating him like that stock. must have been a bad driver. but then again i think you had the advantage coming from a dig. i think from a 40mph roll he'd have own3d you.

nice kill and g35 coupe has 280 hp
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

sounds about right with an AUTOMATIC g35c. the manuals consistantly run low 14's which is on par with a wrx, but the autos are more around mid 14's (14.4-14.7) which could net a wrx pulling a few cars if it was launched well
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I believe the 350z's run low 14's which should be faster than a g35. The people on the G35 board claim mid 14's stock for a manual tranny.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

My boss wants me to run his G35 auto coupe just for fun. Im at stage 2 + uppipe and after driving his car, Im fairly sure I will slaughter him from a dig. But hes knows im not too into street racing so well see.
    04 SVT Lightning

cool. a stock G35 coupe is indeed 280hp and they run 0-60mph in about 5.5-5.6 with perfect launches w/ manual transmission. a stock WRX the last I check is good for 5.4 0-60mph with perfect launches, so even without the cheater octane booster, you should have no problem taking the G35 off the line. on the condition that you both know how to drive or you know how to drive, but he doesn't.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

"You really beat him that bad stock? My friend just bought a G35 coupe loaded and I want to know if I could beat one. I finally drove his and it felt about as fast as my rex so i suppose... At what rpm were you launching?"

I didn't know how much HP the G35 had (at the time) so I was not intimidated. I revved up to about 4500 and tried to slip the clutch but I let up on the clutch a little too quick on the second run and almost bogged it. I had to quickly push the clutch a little to correct . This is why I did not get as good a jump on the second run.
    02PWRX

try a manual one, and at least race to 100-105. then let's see.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Cool reply

Who said it was an auto? I didn't say it was an auto. This was on a highway in town with a 45 speed limit and I intend on keeping my liscence as well as others safe. He was the one that backed off first anyhow. Whipping him with my stock 02 until he backed off is good any way you see it, considering he had 280 HP.
    02PWRX

Originally posted by Snowvert
    try a manual one, and at least race to 100-105. then let's see.

Or no. Unless maybe you are on an interstate at night, or on a dragstip. Otherwise, you will just give a bad name to imports.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Re: reply

Originally posted by 02PWRX
    Who said it was an auto? I didn't say it was an auto. This was on a highway in town with a 45 speed limit and I intend on keeping my liscence as well as others safe. He was the one that backed off first anyhow. Whipping him with my stock 02 until he backed off is good any way you see it, considering he had 280 HP.
    I said it was an auto. on a manual G35c you shouldnt have pulled 3 cars unless he sucked at driving. not saying its not possible, but more than likely it was an auto, unless you were told otherwise by the driver.

Originally posted by ilivas
    I believe the 350z's run low 14's which should be faster than a g35. The people on the G35 board claim mid 14's stock for a manual tranny.
    a lot of the times i have seen for the G35 MT coupe have between 14.2-14.5 which is pretty much exactly where a decent driven wrx is unless you launch the crap out of it.
    althought the 350Z has 7hp more, it really has only been getting .1sec faster times on average. although i do believe the 350z has a better 0-60
    Just call me Clark Kent

Ha, neither of them have that much power. Put one up on a dyno and show me what you get. I've heard 220-230, meaning Nissan really overrates them. The G35 is heavier with all those luxury options too.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by keystah
    Ha, neither of them have that much power. Put one up on a dyno and show me what you get. I've heard 220-230, meaning Nissan really overrates them. The G35 is heavier with all those luxury options too.
    haha, thats was the 666 posts.......

anyways, were not talking about whp here, we are talking about crank hp. eitherway, several people with g35MTc have gotten low to mid 14's regularly. the vq35 is a crazy engine. whether or not they are overratted from factory, you cant deny 1/4 mile times.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast