Whipped a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe (260 or 280HP) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Whipped a Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe (260 or 280HP) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by keystah Or no. Unless maybe you are on an interstate at night, or on a dragstip. Otherwise, ...

Originally posted by keystah
    Or no. Unless maybe you are on an interstate at night, or on a dragstip. Otherwise, you will just give a bad name to imports.
    and that's what matters, a track. I don't care about street racing.

i'm discussing this on the other board with the poster, so not responding to his posts here.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Re: reply

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    I said it was an auto.
    this is why I said it was an auto, I thought the person who started the thread said it, was my bad.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Re: Re: Re: reply

Originally posted by Snowvert
    this is why I said it was an auto, I thought the person who started the thread said it, was my bad.
    i dont believe he said it. but i am assuming its auto, because for a manual trans g35c to lose to a stock wrx by 3 cars that g35 driver must really really suck. since there are more autos than manuals produced, i think its pretty fair to say that the guy was auto as opposed to him just sucking at driving
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    haha, thats was the 666 posts.......

anyways, were not talking about whp here, we are talking about crank hp.
    I agree, the engine is nice, but WHP does directly show the crank is waaaay overrated. The engine does have prodigous low to midrange torque though, they said it almost feels like a V-8.

I also think the EJ20 is overrated, its more like 217 at da crank. Thats why they only put down 170 AWHP.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I agree, the engine is nice, but WHP does directly show the crank is waaaay overrated. The engine does have prodigous low to midrange torque though, they said it almost feels like a V-8.

I also think the EJ20 is overrated, its more like 217 at da crank. Thats why they only put down 170 AWHP.
    i dont understand what you are getting at...
    what does this have to do with the topic at hand
    Just call me Clark Kent

you do know there's difference in the g35 sedan and coupe don't you? also, there's variation for manual and auto. at least back up the 220-230whp claim with some links, so we'll know what kind of g35 it was.
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

Thumbs up RE:

"i dont believe he said it. but i am assuming its auto, because for a manual trans g35c to lose to a stock wrx by 3 cars that g35 driver must really really suck."

I didn't say I beat him by three car lengths. 3/4 to 1 1/2 car lengths tops.
    02PWRX

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    hey man,auto or not,you beat him, SO THERE!
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

I beat a GS also, I didn't see the badging. Not by much though, was on a stoplight semi freeway to about 100 per. Also before new mods. Rode in a friends modded 93 Talon and I don't think 256 whp'd rex would be close. It is scary fast. Whats up w/that.
    Mods

1969 Sunbeam Tiger
    1973 Norton Commando w/combat engine.
    1983 V65 Magna
    1992 Laser

Ive personaly taken my g/f g35 c auto to the track and ran a 14.8 i think i could of gotten a little better 14.7 if i wanted too. But from a roll my g/f beat me when i was stock. But with just turbo back you could beat and auto, stick i doubt it. i have a cobbs stage 2 and can beat her by at least 2 and half cars from a 1st gear roll. when i went to the track i bogged really bad and still ran a 14.8. My g/f wants a supercharger for it with out the ugly hood you have to put on it. it will be a beast with it

Not much I guess. Just talking about the two cars in said thread topic, a wrx and a G35.

Maybe it belongs in a thread entitled "how much power does a WRX and G35 put down?"
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    My boss wants me to run his G35 auto coupe
    hmmm....you win....you get fired. You lose you get a pay raise.....hard choice.

Originally posted by Mr. Fancypants
    My boss wants me to run his G35 auto coupe just for fun. Im at stage 2 + uppipe and after driving his car, Im fairly sure I will slaughter him from a dig. But hes knows im not too into street racing so well see.
    race him for a raise in your salary.
    Just call me Clark Kent

Originally posted by 4cyturbowrx
    Ive personaly taken my g/f g35 c auto to the track and ran a 14.8 i think i could of gotten a little better 14.7 if i wanted too. But from a roll my g/f beat me when i was stock. But with just turbo back you could beat and auto, stick i doubt it. i have a cobbs stage 2 and can beat her by at least 2 and half cars from a 1st gear roll. when i went to the track i bogged really bad and still ran a 14.8. My g/f wants a supercharger for it with out the ugly hood you have to put on it. it will be a beast with it
    get her the twin turbo kit...
    Nothing but good ol' replicas...on my good ol' poser c240

the 350z / G35 ejoys about 55wheel horse advantage. of course people will call B.S. Ill call it, cuz a V6 altima was able to pull convincingly on my wrx when it was stock. sure i outlaunced the FWD from a dig. but in any roll scenario the altima was stronger.

But now i have accessport, and a power/weight advantage. I think its time for a rematch, dig and roll.

oh, FYI, a stock altima makes 230 ft lbs at the wheels. Damn that VQ is torquey
    03 MBP WRX Sedan
    STi RA gearset October 4th,STi Trans Mount
    Cobb AccessECU STG II 16.4psi. Bosal DP, Catless OEM UP, 205/55 ZR16 Futura Ultra Z's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.