Most people don't know WRXs
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Most people don't know WRXs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; In a recent motor trend, they did an article on the import scene. Apparently, they said that the best way ...

Most people don't know WRXs

In a recent motor trend, they did an article on the import scene. Apparently, they said that the best way to add more power to the WRX (or STI) was to use a supercharger.

Really, people are so stupid sometimes. The WRX is a different animal, and the old paridigms rarely apply. Anybody else run into this?
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A lot of people don't know about Subarus. Some guy asked me yesterday if my paint job is stock... The car brand new temp tags and obviously looks brand new .
    Leo -
    2004 WRX Sedan (Mommy's Little Monster)
    -=Team Blue Sedan=-

I actually had a guy ask me if the hood scoop was stock. Four times! He just could not believe any manufacturer would put a hood scoop on a car, let alone a functional one. (See: Toyota trucks, Ford Mustang)

People around here are getting a little wiser to the WRX. In fact some of the fastest cars in our local scene are WRXs.

I usually get the question why does my car sound like its messed up or ask if I have a turbo. I even get the question about my front mount intercooler being a "intake" or a "upgraded radiator".
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone always asks me if the color is factory, and if the hood scoop is stock.

People ask me is the color is stock, the hood schoop is stock, the wheels are stock, if is is a hyundai, if it is a Kia, some just ask wierd questions.

I love it, and with the bugeyes only being out 2 years, it makes it even more rare and unknown.

-joe
    '02 WRB Sedan

Removed silencer w/ Akimoto Velocity Stack, Blitz Dual TT, Autospeed Prototype Up-pipe w/ Flex-joint, Autospeed Crank Pulley, Autospeed OEM Dead Pedal, Samco IC Hoses, Axxis Pads, Goodridge Lines, Neo Synth Brake Fluid, Speedbleeders, Eibach Pro-Kit, Perrin Endlinks and Rear Sway, 17" Sub Zeros w/ 225/45 ES100s, Crucial Racing Thermostat and 1.4bar Radiator Cap, Autometer Sport-Comp Oil Pressure, EGT, and Voltmeter on the A-Pillar, STI Hoodscoop.

A couple times I've told people I drive a WRX without mentioning Subaru or anything, and they give me the blank stare and ask "what's that"...then I proceed to point and they just say "oh okay"

Originally posted by Chris G
    A couple times I've told people I drive a WRX without mentioning Subaru or anything, and they give me the blank stare and ask "what's that"...then I proceed to point and they just say "oh okay"

lol had the same thing happen to a friend of mine (I was there too). This girl (she's white ) asked us what we drive and we said "We drive wrx's". She said the exact same thing "What's that?" We said "It's a car from Subaru." She gave us a nod, but still looked confused that was great

i've had 2 people ask me if the hood scoop is function... a couple ask if its turbo and some others if it was AWD...

other then that everyone (yes EVERYONE) says its a beautiful car

A guy with a Honda Civic came up to me and said- "So, are you boostin'?" Uhhh....no? "Oh course I am". The mixture of amazement and admiration on his face was priceless. Silly man.

The other day some older guy, guessing 65, was checking out my car while we were getting gas. He asked me how I liked it, I said it was lots of fun to drive, he said, well, that one's a little 'special' and should be... I smiled now that I knew he knew what it was and said yep Then he started asking if it was still stock or if I had made upgrades.... cool guy really.

This is the beauty of our rides. Noone knows bout them, and should be kept that way. When people asked me what type of car i drive, without them seein it, i say a subaru impreza. Anyone that knows cars will then ask if it's a wrx. Most people probably take my answer and think just another econo-mobile. I don't care. I did have an older gentleman one time ask me bout my car in the parking lot of a restaurant, he asked me if I liked it and how does it drive. I said beautiful, would not get anything else. Now that the new headlight style is out, i kinda am glad that i had my 02 bug headlights. It is the original, and just looks right. With all the people complainin the first 2 years about the lights, look what you have now. They aren't bad, but it doesn't stand out like the old bug lights do. If i think of wrx in my head, i think of the bug's, that's the way it should look. If people still think that those older lights are ugly, good, i didn't, just means less people would be buying the car, and I would remain more unique on the street. Here's a toast to owning a rare vehicle !!
    '00 2.5RS

I agree, I got mine just as the 04's were coming out. I am SO glad I got the bugeyes, it is more unique. Through the next few years as Impreza's get more popular, the bugeye look with get more and more rare!

I get tons of compliments on my car. I love the WRX, it is such a great buy.

LONG LIVE BUGEYES!

I had some redneck Mustang loving hick tell me that my car looked awesome, and he didn't like the new ones as much. Although then he asked me if he could get a V-6 in it. I told him that it had a lightweight boxer 4 that made 227hp. He was like- "no kiddin' huh?"

I'm kinda 50-50. I like the old and the new. I guess the new shape is more aerodynamic and promotes better coolling. And if it is more universally appealing then thats good for Subaru.

Hey Keystah, OT, but do you have any pics of your car with the prodrive springs installed?

Thanks

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast