Originally posted by Brians3000GT
did you not get what i said, heh? my bad on the 19 ponies, it's 29
i was saying that the ST-i kids brag cuz they have those near 30 extra ponies, when really they get that by adding an extra 0.5 liters. I'd rather have a faster 0-60 and quarter mile time, active yaw control, and better handling all around than a car with a 2.5 liter engine that handles a little worse and that has a little bit better mid-range power - sorry, the EVO is just better than the ST-i and some of the ST-i guys are just too stubborn to admit it. I'm not saying that the margerin is huge, because it's not, it's "marginal" (sp?) but the EVO still ET's higher in every mag i've read and every mag has said that the EVO handles better and more responsive than the ST-i, plus the engine is proven to take extremely well to mods as far as in the older 4g63T's from the Eclipses
many of you are going to take this as a "dis" to the ST-i, but it's not at all, i love everything about the ST-i and i love how close the EVO and the ST-i are, especially being a Mitsu fan myself since i drive one, i'm biased but you can't not see the slight edge the EVO has over the ST-i not to even begin to mention the MR and the RS which are even quicker and 300lbs lighter
1. How many stock evo's are running 12's? - None.
2. How many stock STI's are running 12's? - Some.
3. USDM Evo's do not have active yaw control. - True.
4. USDM STI's do have driver controlled center differential - True.
5. STI 0-60 time is slower because you have to shift to third gear, unlike the evo, making it an inaccurate comparison. - True.
6. Boy, you sure like magazines, ever drive a car?
7. Thanks. - Bye.