Most people don't know WRXs - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Most people don't know WRXs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Brians3000GT did you not get what i said, heh? my bad on the 19 ponies, it's 29 ...

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    did you not get what i said, heh? my bad on the 19 ponies, it's 29

i was saying that the ST-i kids brag cuz they have those near 30 extra ponies, when really they get that by adding an extra 0.5 liters. I'd rather have a faster 0-60 and quarter mile time, active yaw control, and better handling all around than a car with a 2.5 liter engine that handles a little worse and that has a little bit better mid-range power - sorry, the EVO is just better than the ST-i and some of the ST-i guys are just too stubborn to admit it. I'm not saying that the margerin is huge, because it's not, it's "marginal" (sp?) but the EVO still ET's higher in every mag i've read and every mag has said that the EVO handles better and more responsive than the ST-i, plus the engine is proven to take extremely well to mods as far as in the older 4g63T's from the Eclipses

many of you are going to take this as a "dis" to the ST-i, but it's not at all, i love everything about the ST-i and i love how close the EVO and the ST-i are, especially being a Mitsu fan myself since i drive one, i'm biased but you can't not see the slight edge the EVO has over the ST-i not to even begin to mention the MR and the RS which are even quicker and 300lbs lighter

1. How many stock evo's are running 12's? - None.
    2. How many stock STI's are running 12's? - Some.
    3. USDM Evo's do not have active yaw control. - True.
    4. USDM STI's do have driver controlled center differential - True.
    5. STI 0-60 time is slower because you have to shift to third gear, unlike the evo, making it an inaccurate comparison. - True.
    6. Boy, you sure like magazines, ever drive a car?
    7. Thanks. - Bye.
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Brian's 3000GT = OWN3D
    02 WRX Silver, 03 Baja Yellow

Blah...lets avoid a flame war here, please?

Thank you
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

the other week some morons in this crappy riced out mid 90s civic that was painted baby blue pulled up to me and the guy in the back seat motioned for me to roll down my window. i did and he then proceeded to say "that thing got a hemi?"

i think that says it all.
    1967 Camaro
    2002 WRX SOLD

Originally posted by ihaveadent
    the other week some morons in this crappy riced out mid 90s civic that was painted baby blue pulled up to me and the guy in the back seat motioned for me to roll down my window. i did and he then proceeded to say "that thing got a hemi?"

He was thinking of the EVO Actually, most Honda motors have hemispherical cumbustion chambers..... in other words, he probably had a "hemi" himself, but was too ignorant to realize it

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

Originally posted by ihaveadent

Me and my brother do that all the time to people if they have their window down at a stoplight. Never when we are in my rex though, gotta represent when in that.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Just kinda replying to page 1 of this thread, I think its great how much pride you guys all have in your WRX's. I am a soon to be owner of a scooby and was pretty much sold on the car after the first time I test drove one. But just hearing how much you all enjoy and love your cars so much just makes me think that the WRX is the right car for me. Sooo thanks for the inspiration I guess.
    -Griffin

When i had my wrx, I was extremely surprised by how strong the whole car felt. Not just the engine, but the overall build quality. Felt like a solid machine that would be very hard to break. Feels nothing like any other car at that price range. I had no doubts that the car would be extremely reliable for a long time. Just a weird feeling I got from ownin it for a year.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives.."

what new paradigm? turbo cars have been around for a while. this is nothing new at this point, just unfamiliar to most people.

Originally posted by Boosted4
    Just kinda replying to page 1 of this thread, I think its great how much pride you guys all have in your WRX's. I am a soon to be owner of a scooby and was pretty much sold on the car after the first time I test drove one. But just hearing how much you all enjoy and love your cars so much just makes me think that the WRX is the right car for me. Sooo thanks for the inspiration I guess.
    -Griffin
    The WRX is an inspiring car - which is why we have so much pride in owning them.

lancer

I've noticed that a lot of people ask me if my car is a lancer and when I tell them no, it's wrx they go ...OH you're pistons go the other way!...what is that...oh and I've noticed that every high school kid with a 92 civic has a hard on to floor it past me, cut me off and put on their hazards...anyone else get similar things happen to them. I think the best thing that ever happened when I was driving my car was a guy who was getting into his brand new porsche turbo stopped from putting his key in the door to watch me drive by...that was an ego boost(no pun intended).

p.s. I love my car...people ask me when I am gonna sell my car and I tell them when I am dead ...long live the bug eyes
    Last edited by thinkledge; 04-13-2004 at 03:59 AM.

Re: lancer

Originally posted by thinkledge

p.s. I love my car...people ask me when I am gonna sell my car and I tell them when I am dead ...long live the bug eyes
    Same here, i don't think i will ever sell mine either.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Re: Re: lancer

Originally posted by zapman
    Same here, i don't think i will ever sell mine either.
    I'm with you guys. When I'm out of school, I'm planning on keeping the WRX and making a track or rally car.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

My original rex had the bug-eyes, i didn't mind the look of them, but so many people complained when they first came out with those headlights. Now that the new light-style is out, I like the bug's better, just kinda looks more like a rex should. The new lights almost make it have a carolla or "un-original" look in the front. Don't get me wrong, i will still buy one, i just like the uniqueness of the bug's. Now im just savin up for an STi, and waiting to get my license back. Black on silver wheels, dark tint. No stickers. CLeeeaaaannn
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives.."

where i live everyone has a wrx, it kind of gets me mad knowing everyone else has the same car, i see an average of 4 wrx's a day and 2 STi's.
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.