Most people don't know WRXs - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Most people don't know WRXs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by Fourdoor Nope, standard WRX is 2.0 and Subaru abandond WRC rules when they brought out the North ...

Originally posted by Fourdoor
    Nope, standard WRX is 2.0 and Subaru abandond WRC rules when they brought out the North American spec "STi" and went with the 2.5 liter in it.

Keith
    thanks Fourdoor, i guess i had it backwards - it kinda makes me mad now that ST-i owners think their tough with their extra 19 horses over the EVO when they really have an extra half a liter, and ST-i guys i'm kidding so don't get all pissy at me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Evo = 271 STi = 300

Plus the Sti has a better powerband, better midrange response. Plus you have "an extra 1.2 Liters" on a WRX...
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

WRX
    I had a guy ask me what the 0-60 was on my car once. I told him that after I had "done a few things" it's around 5.2 He then proceeded to tell his wife, the guy next to him, the store clerk, the security guard in the armored truck...
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

Originally posted by keystah
    Evo = 271 STi = 300

Plus the Sti has a better powerband, better midrange response. Plus you have "an extra 1.2 Liters" on a WRX...
    did you not get what i said, heh? my bad on the 19 ponies, it's 29

i was saying that the ST-i kids brag cuz they have those near 30 extra ponies, when really they get that by adding an extra 0.5 liters. I'd rather have a faster 0-60 and quarter mile time, active yaw control, and better handling all around than a car with a 2.5 liter engine that handles a little worse and that has a little bit better mid-range power - sorry, the EVO is just better than the ST-i and some of the ST-i guys are just too stubborn to admit it. I'm not saying that the margerin is huge, because it's not, it's "marginal" (sp?) but the EVO still ET's higher in every mag i've read and every mag has said that the EVO handles better and more responsive than the ST-i, plus the engine is proven to take extremely well to mods as far as in the older 4g63T's from the Eclipses

many of you are going to take this as a "dis" to the ST-i, but it's not at all, i love everything about the ST-i and i love how close the EVO and the ST-i are, especially being a Mitsu fan myself since i drive one, i'm biased but you can't not see the slight edge the EVO has over the ST-i not to even begin to mention the MR and the RS which are even quicker and 300lbs lighter
    Last edited by Brians3000GT; 04-06-2004 at 10:02 PM.

when i put my new exhaust on (granted, it's blitz nur spec, and i'm catless), my neighbor asked me what the hell happened to my car- he asked me if i blew my manifold. i laughed.

i get the funniest looks in my wagon- doesn't sound like your typical wagon, i guess- esp @ WOT on the freeway.

seems like the only guys who know it are the construction workers- they'll hear me blocks away, and just stare, even driving away a block.

but i still tell people 'subaru impreza' when they ask what car i drive, and i get confused looks 9 times out of 10.

go bug eyes.
    www.realultimatepower.net

Well to get a little back on topic, i went to Autozone to buy some parts for my car. The guy at the counter asked me what kind of car i had so he can run it on the computer to see if the part was in stock or something. I told him i had a WRX and he said so "its a Mitsubishi then", when he said that, i was like "and you work at an autoparts store??"
    '03 PSM WRX Stg 4 <---SOLD
    '04 G35 coupe<-----MY NEW CAR

This past weekend at a dyno day some kids said "man, you car sounds awesome!".

This is the stock turbo back mind you!

-tp
    The 202 Wagon
    Bugeye Mafia "Silent But Deadly Ass-sasin"
    "Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Actually, the STI is faster in every valid comparison I've read. That would be car and driver, motor trend, road and track, sport compact car. STi is always faster in a "drag race". Saying that it is ".5 litres bigger" means you know nothing about the engines, because they are very different. TMIC vs. FMIC, twin scoll, AVCS... big differences. Not to mention one is a flat 4 and one is inline. Sti puts down 20-30 whp more than the EVo on average and their weights are nearly the same.

Also, the STI has a 6-speed with DCCD, the evo just has a five. EVO also has electronic diffs and yaw control, the STI is mechanical. Electrical doesn't always mean better though, the spec C is faster on a track than the Evo 7 RS.

Which one is better is a matter of opinion, not fact. And plus the STI looks way better too. Evo looks just like an lancer with cheesy taillights and a cool hood.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I get all kinds if dumb things said to me....the other day at work one of my co-managers bought a used white 4door GEO metro.
    One of my bosses said, "look matt, now you and neil both have little white 4 door cars, how cute.".....How dare you compare my WRX to a metro...WTF.

ya y is it that people say the car sounds messed up like its about to die? come to think of it it kind of does lol but a turbobak exaust should do it.... wut u guyz think??

cause people are stupid , and caught up in thier lifes, to even notice what is going on around them
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Originally posted by WRXTwiztid
    cause people are stupid , and caught up in thier lifes, to even notice what is going on around them
    lol nice waY of putting it

I work with this older gentleman in his 60's that just bought a new celica GT with the body kit and the high wing. I proceeded to tell him that I also got a new car and I love it a lot. He asked me what kind of car it was because he knew that I liked and had sport cars before. After I told him it was a Subaru he turned around and giggled. Then he went on to say that as long as i'm happy with what I have. Ignorance! Now his kid wants a to be able to drive a sportier car and he's deciding to purchase another one. I told him that i'm selling mine after 6 months of owning it and he just goes on about getting a sportier car. All I could keep on thinking was "Wanna race?". Be prepared to get own3d old man.

Good job, I love not "releasing" any more information than necessary. I just say, "it's a subaru" or "I drive a subaru impreza". I don't need to release the wrx part. Let them chuckle, I love it. Then watch them cry if they see you on the road.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives.."

Originally posted by keystah
    Actually, the STI is faster in every valid comparison I've read. That would be car and driver, motor trend, road and track, sport compact car. STi is always faster in a "drag race". Saying that it is ".5 litres bigger" means you know nothing about the engines, because they are very different. TMIC vs. FMIC, twin scoll, AVCS... big differences. Not to mention one is a flat 4 and one is inline. Sti puts down 20-30 whp more than the EVo on average and their weights are nearly the same.

Also, the STI has a 6-speed with DCCD, the evo just has a five. EVO also has electronic diffs and yaw control, the STI is mechanical. Electrical doesn't always mean better though, the spec C is faster on a track than the Evo 7 RS.

Which one is better is a matter of opinion, not fact. And plus the STI looks way better too. Evo looks just like an lancer with cheesy taillights and a cool hood.
    forgot to mention that the evo8 comes with an evil turbo from the factory. And the sti comes with a rather midsize turbo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast