Most people don't know WRXs - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Most people don't know WRXs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The reason I said that about the supercharger was because in one of my other Motortrends a letter from a ...

The reason I said that about the supercharger was because in one of my other Motortrends a letter from a reader pointed out their mistake, which they also acknowledged.

Yeah, MT and R&T both had favorable long-term reports on the WRX.

Its funny that the WRX lost between those two, considering the price discrepency.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yup i think its called "refined"

Wow, there is a news flash. A $25,000 sports sedan isn't very refined. I hope that extra $15,000 buys you another cars worth of refinement. You can have it, I'll take my raw performance please.
    Last edited by keystah; 04-03-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Originally posted by LemonHerb
    I get the why does my car sound messed up thing a lot too.
    Ya the "Is your car firing on all cylinders" question was asked the other day.

Yeah when I told my teacher I drive a Subaru Impreza WRX, he said "Oh, I guess that's ok as long as you get from point a to point b..." then kinda shrugged and made a face as he pitied me for driving some random pos he's never heard of.

Then today pulling out of del taco in newport, a guy in his late teens in a muscle car gives me the strangest look right when I start the car and he hears the exhaust. He was extremely puzzled.

he probably drives a bimmer, everyone knows they are the best.

Originally posted by TurnWRX
    Me tinks it's a dinosaur
    I think its a T-rex.
    This car is making a poor man even poorer.

Originally posted by rallymaniac
    Didn't they make WRX's only in 2-door back then??? So this may be supped up GT unles you're different in Australia???
    They made WRXs from 1992, and we got them circa 1994.

I dont think we got the 2 door down here unless they were imported. Ive not seen one, and a search on Google couldnt give me a picture. According to this page: http://www.iwoc.co.uk/jpimp4.html
    the first WRX 2 door was an STi which appeared in 1996.

Are we different in Australia? You bet - especially compared to the eskimos.

Woohoo! Check it out! 2 door WRX, very sexy!

(Which undermines my other statement about not getting them in Oz, this page is Australian; http://users.bigpond.net.au/msgofast/STI.html)

This one does the quarter mile in 12 seconds. Yew Bewty!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sti%20009%20(small).jpg  

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/217263

A bit of the history of the 2 Door STi Australia - just so that you know that I (now) know.

We rarely, if ever get something before the Americans. I cant understand why the US market didnt get the rex until the MY01 (or 2). Geez, most suppliers are falling over themselves to get into US wallets - and Subaru let almost 10 years of WRX history (not to mention sales) go begging.

wrx's are quite well known where i live. so well known that honduh drivers get so jealous of the bueaty of awd combined with the performance of a turbo straight from the factory that they make up neat little sayings to put subarus down. someone i work with told me his buddy with a civic says "if you spell subaru backwards its U R A BUS. (i guess that means its slow). oh well, i guess it just depends on the age of the crowd as far as how well known the wrx is. teens and people in their early to mid 20's are more likely to recognize a wrx than someone over the age of 30. (no offense to the older guys on the forum) but thats just what ive come to learn.

-Brian
    '04 Aspen white 5 spd

I remember when my brother and his gf were over and I showed them my new WRX. The look on her face was "oh nice, you got a new Hyundai.....". I agree the younger crowd knows exactly what the WRX is and what it is capable of. Thanks to the Playstation game Gran Turismo. That was the first I had heard of the WRX.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by zapman
    I love it when after owning pontiac GTP's and SSEI's when they ask what kind of engine it has and i just tell them 2 liter 4 banger. Here in grand forks they think they can own all imports.

I can't wait until i get my "upgraded" radiator.
    isn't your engine a 2.5 liter and the ST-i engine a 2.0 liter (- due to WRC regulations)

Originally posted by Brians3000GT
    isn't your engine a 2.5 liter and the ST-i engine a 2.0 liter (- due to WRC regulations)
    Nope, standard WRX is 2.0 and Subaru abandond WRC rules when they brought out the North American spec "STi" and went with the 2.5 liter in it.

Keith
    Miss the wifes WRX, but love my Ralliart!

The night after I got my MBC, I "testing it out" on Rt. 1 in Philly. I saw a Maxima weaving in and out of traffic just thinking he was hot shi+, so finally we get lined up at a red light, I have 2 passengers, he has 1. They both look over with their tough guy look like what are you gonna do you little bi+ch. So the light turns green and I proceed to smoke them by about 150 billion car lengths. They pull up at the next red and they are both "Holy shi+! WTF is that? Is that a V8 or something?!? That shi+ is fast!" Priceless. At least they were cool about being humbled

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.