Most people don't know WRXs - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Most people don't know WRXs within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well a turbocharger is technically a supercharger by name so the article was correct. Anyway, not many know what we ...

Well a turbocharger is technically a supercharger by name so the article was correct. Anyway, not many know what we drive and I love it. If you could combine the benefits of the new vs the looks of teho ld, it would be a kick azz car. For example the no antenna, bigger scoop, new taillights, gauge cluster front he new, with the look and seats and other what nots from the old. Perfect car. Well thats not to say its not perfect now.
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love it when after owning pontiac GTP's and SSEI's when they ask what kind of engine it has and i just tell them 2 liter 4 banger. Here in grand forks they think they can own all imports.

I can't wait until i get my "upgraded" radiator.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

I get the why does my car sound messed up thing a lot too.
    -Andrew

I guess here in colorado they are pretty popular. In one outing to run a few arrands I saw 5 MODDED WRXs. I was only driving for about 25 min total.

When I went to New Mexico, i only saw 2 SUBARU's total the whole time.

Over here in Australia the WRX has on the streets since about 1995, and enjoys a sort of icon status.
    When I say I drive a WRX most people ask how much I pay in insurance and if I still have my drivers licence. In fact, the performance spec were so well known that many subies were being stolen and used as getaway cars. The Police 5.0L V8s couldnt catch them - so the cops commissioned a bunch of chipped up WRXs to as pursuit cars. This was a couple of years ago and you still see the WRX police specials cruising around. Here is an example:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nswimage1.jpg  

what is WRX? I don't know either..
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Since I'm debadged,I get the what kind of car is that and does it have a turbo.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Originally posted by slin02
    what is WRX? I don't know either..

Me tinks it's a dinosaur

From the people that actually know what it is, the most common question I get being in Mississippi is "Why do ya'll need that there four-wheel drive in a car?"

And I only see another WRX maybe once a week. There's 1 other one on campus, and I see it every once in a while.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Re: Most people don't know WRXs

Originally posted by keystah
    In a recent motor trend, they did an article on the import scene. Apparently, they said that the best way to add more power to the WRX (or STI) was to use a supercharger.

Really, people are so stupid sometimes. The WRX is a different animal, and the old paridigms rarely apply. Anybody else run into this?
    i read that issue and motor trend di not say that it must have been a missprint btw did anybody ever see the issue with the 330 bmw vs. Audi S4 vs Wrx the wrx lost by one point that was like 2 years ago. Motor trend knows what a wrx is they kneo its fast and a good car in fact all the mags know. all of them are just finishing a long term wrx and they are sad too give it away. i doubt they said that.

plus anybody who knows cars know what a wrx is.

Re: Re: Most people don't know WRXs

Originally posted by audirs6
    i read that issue and motor trend di not say that it must have been a missprint btw did anybody ever see the issue with the 330 bmw vs. Audi S4 vs Wrx the wrx lost by one point that was like 2 years ago. Motor trend knows what a wrx is they kneo its fast and a good car in fact all the mags know. all of them are just finishing a long term wrx and they are sad too give it away. i doubt they said that.

plus anybody who knows cars know what a wrx is.
    I saw that article. It was right after the WRX first came out, the dealer was handing out copies of it.

It's surprising that after being out 3 years, there still are alot of people that don't know what the WRX is.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper." Ben Franklin

Thumbs up

it's a good thing people dont know bout it. I enjoy driving a vehicle most people dont know about. Then when they see it in action, it blows their lids !! ahahah, thank god for subaru and the few and the proud
    '00 2.5RS

Originally posted by tytlyf
    ahahah, thank god for subaru and the few and the proud
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

Originally posted by archiebrown
    . Here is an example:
    Didn't they make WRX's only in 2-door back then??? So this may be supped up GT unles you're different in Australia???
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

Originally posted by rallymaniac
    Didn't they make WRX's only in 2-door back then??? So this may be supped up GT unles you're different in Australia???
    yeah we are just niw getting the wrx in america they hage been else where for quite a bit
    if its not fast it better be a show car

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast