NEW Mitsu EVO MR: What do you guys think? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on NEW Mitsu EVO MR: What do you guys think? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I would get it but why are they going to make 3 different EVO's?...

I would get it but why are they going to make 3 different EVO's?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if the MR does get released, i seriously doubt it will be 33 grand... more like 35-37k...

but they're getting a bad deal, since the 6-speed tranny from mitsu is even weaker than the 5-speed... so unless they fixed it...

Originally posted by ***biGRed***
    I would get it but why are they going to make 3 different EVO's?
    They won't be making 3 differnt Evo's. The RS will be the only available Evo for 04 and about 5-600 will be made, the other 1,000 or so will be a version of the RS called the "Urban jungle" edition which puts back some things the RS takes out, yes, its confussing. Then the MR will be the only Evo available for 05 but it will probably go under the Evo 9 name here and thats it for the Evo's in the US as Mitsu turns its attention to the all new Eclipse in 06. That is what I have heard.

Hey EVOVIII-

Since you have an EVO I thought I would ask. Any word as to the strengths or weaknesses of the Mitsu 6spd versus the 5spd?

Thanks
    Stock 2004 WRX STi
    Java Black on Silver

Originally posted by davidm_sh
    Hey EVOVIII-

Since you have an EVO I thought I would ask. Any word as to the strengths or weaknesses of the Mitsu 6spd versus the 5spd?

Thanks
    Well the only thing I can judge the MR by is that article from Speed magazine. He says that you now have to grab 3rd to hit 60 but he was able to hit 111 mph nearing the end of 4th before he had to ease up. That sounds good to me and it still does 0-60 .5 seconds faster then the 5 speed even with the shift to 3rd which is impressive. The 5 speed is great but it sounds like the 6 speed will give it a bit more power all around.

Are either the RS or MR rebadged versions of the FQ-300 or the FQ-330 that they sell outside the US?

aww shet, if these #'s are accuate, i might have to end my subie loyalty a tad soon

Originally posted by CKxx
    Screw the spec c, maybe they will upgrade us to the real STi motor.
    I think spec-c has the wonderful ej207 motor.
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

I was thinking about trading my rex for an sti. But now it looks different. Evo MR. Love Subie but Mitsu looks better at the moment. Too bad the idiots at Mitsu dealerships call this a limited edition model and mark it up like 5 grand or so. You will never find one at msrp here in Hawaii. Unless its second hand. Even then it'll still be higher than msrp. Subie dealer just called me 5 min ago and said 32500 out the door for a white Sti. Should I jump/?????????

You can definately do better than that, unless that includes sales tax or something. Some people in CO have gotten the cars at invoice because they aren't selling too well.
    Former car: 2002 Cobb/Scoobysport stage 2 WRX sedan
    New ride: ???

I'm thinking 27k-28k. for an STi
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Any chance of a spec c coming to the states? What do you guys think the specs on that will be?

Originally posted by tela_pan
    Any chance of a spec c coming to the states? What do you guys think the specs on that will be?
    God I can only hope... that would be my next car hands down.
    I definately havnt heard ANYTHING about the spec C coming here... an I would put all my chips in and say we will never see it.

As for the MR...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails idhitit%5b1%5d.jpg  
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

EVOVIII,

so the EVO 9 will be the last US spec car???

Where did you hear this???
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I would definitely hit it....Very Nice. Come on Subie!!!
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.