Friends 04 SRT-4: Results... - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Friends 04 SRT-4: Results... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ebbtide, thats not what i wanna hear haha. I will run him again!!! lol...

ebbtide, thats not what i wanna hear haha. I will run him again!!! lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

American cars , good luck with reliability. The only american vehicle i would ever purchase might be an suv. Other than that, NEVER.
    '00 2.5RS

I hate it when people that don't know what they are talking about start spouting off.

The SRT-4 is not just a hopped up Neon it has a closed (or maybe semi closed) deck and forged internals.
    It's engine can stand up to some serious HP.
    Back in the mid nineties or so there was a whole racing series for the Neon ACR. They are quite successful racing.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Rex but I wouldn't mind haing an SRT-4 with some ACR suspension.

Plus MOPAR is fully supporting the aftermarket, they even have a whole range of "turbo toys" (boost controller, I/C Spray, 100 octane map) that you can have installed at the dealer and still retain factory warranty.
    SRT guys don't have to worry about voiding thier warranty by installing a BOV.

So before you go saying how much they suck do a little research.
    Last edited by PKer; 04-02-2004 at 04:50 PM.

Not taking sides, but just to compare:

STi vs. SRT-4 around Nurburgring

SRT-4
    9:54.7

WRX
    9:42.6

That's not a HUGE difference, but it's significant.

I think the FWD hurts the SRT-4 significantly around a track, but in a straight line, it's a beast.
    Scott in Houston

And then SRT-4 backers mention the 8th place overall of the SRT-4 in the One Lap of America, dominating the Soobies that were entered. Also, there's a STi time of 9:48 for Nurburgring floating around. Of course, if those times are from the same day and driver, I'll shut-up.

Anybody else need a beer?

-B
    Last edited by Beanboy; 04-02-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Own a 04 rex. Was about to buy SRT-4. Big price difference. I can see why. I hate to have to stop the car to roll the rear window down a little so that my son can get some air. Anyone have the same feeling. Love the turbo slapped onto a 2.4. Lots of torque and hp but sucks on the handling when stock. Back end looks like suv high. Wonder why Dodge decided to do this with all neons? Looks weird and i know it doesn't help the car handle any better. Bought Spec-V instead of that also. Love the torque but no high end hp. Easier to drive than rex. But toooooo much problems with Nissan. Recalls up the ying yang.

The 1 lap of America thing is a neat little gimmick, but it really means nothing as far as a true competition goes in order to compare cars.
    For one, there are too many variables. The $ spent on tuning the cars, the drivers, the backing by sponsors... etc.
    For example, there was a regular 911 that placed in front of a 911 Turbo. Is the Turbo a slower/lesser car than the regular 911? Obviously not, but wait... it lost to a regular one... so the regular 911 must be faster and a better car.

See the argument doesn't work. It's the same for claiming that because an SRT-4 beat the WRX's, so it must be better. It's too small of a sample set to take any real data from.

Fact is, FWD is a hindrance to good road racing performance. You're asking one set of tires to do everything: accelerate, brake, and turn. The rears are just along for the ride.
    Scott in Houston

Same goes for the lap times quoted. Different drivers, weather, condition of car, etc... Found an STi lap time of 9:48.

These lap times I quoted were same driver, same day, stock cars.
    Scott in Houston

Originally posted by PKer
    I hate it when people that don't know what they are talking about start spouting off.

The SRT-4 is not just a hopped up Neon it has a closed (or maybe semi closed) deck and forged internals.
    It's engine can stand up to some serious HP.
    Back in the mid nineties or so there was a whole racing series for the Neon ACR. They are quite successful racing.
    Don't get me wrong I love my Rex but I wouldn't mind haing an SRT-4 with some ACR suspension.

Plus MOPAR is fully supporting the aftermarket, they even have a whole range of "turbo toys" (boost controller, I/C Spray, 100 octane map) that you can have installed at the dealer and still retain factory warranty.
    SRT guys don't have to worry about voiding thier warranty by installing a BOV.

So before you go saying how much they suck do a little research.
    yep!
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

Wait, with those times, was it a STi or WRX? You have STi in one place, WRX in another. I'll come out and say with stock tires, the SRT-4 would beat a regular ol' WRX.

-B

Originally posted by Beanboy
    Wait, with those times, was it a STi or WRX? You have STi in one place, WRX in another. I'll come out and say with stock tires, the SRT-4 would beat a regular ol' WRX.

-B
    No ****, wrx's come with peice of **** all-seasons and srt-4's come with summer performance tires.

Put the same type of tires on both, and stock rims, and i bet it would be pretty damn close, but after driving both i'd say the wrx would pull it off.
    Former member of bugeye mafia

<=====my old baby

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.