STG 2 WRX vs 99+ Mustang GT
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on STG 2 WRX vs 99+ Mustang GT within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This was actually the first from-a-roll, highway race I've gotten into with a GT since I got my car over ...

STG 2 WRX vs 99+ Mustang GT

This was actually the first from-a-roll, highway race I've gotten into with a GT since I got my car over 2 years ago. Anyway, travelling 40 mph in some traffic I see a GT right on my tail. Traffic clears and I stay in 4th and floor it. Once the revs come up a bit I took off and I guess he heard me because as soon as I put it in 5th to relax I see him storming up on the right. I put it down in 4th again when he was at my rear bumper, and I guess either his momentum or my spool time caused him to keep pulling until we were even. At that point, neither one of us moved from the other. My exit came up so I had to bail, but it was dead even at that point up around 115. I guess that's what I would expect as the result. Even though the GT's aren't "Z-28 top-end" fast, I'm sure one would give a stock WRX a hard time since that isn't our strong point. Anyone else have results or experiences with one of these from a roll?
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That sounds about right,if you had seen him sooner you could have kept him on your back bumper.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

My sentiments exactly! I also suppose I could have gone down to 3rd instead of 4th since I was only doing about 60 - 70.
    2007 Space Grey w/ Coral BMW 335 Coupe

2002 Blue WRX 5 speed SOLD

1987 Grand National - sold
    -12.01@113

I had a BOSS 305 the other day try to drop me as we were coming up the entrance ramp to the freeway. I saw a puff of black smoke and noticed he was pulling so I went with him. I started in 2nd gear and hung quite well with him until I went into 4th at ~95 or so. We both let up at that point and he gave me the thumbs up.

Originally posted by ezatnova
    My sentiments exactly! I also suppose I could have gone down to 3rd instead of 4th since I was only doing about 60 - 70.
    You should of droped to 3rd you would of beat him instead of just staying even.
    <<My car
    COBB Stage II --- 8.52 @ 81mph in the 1/8 mile
    Mods

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    GT's arent great from a roll but they trap a little higher than WRXs do in stock form...They peak at about 105 with bolt ons, they need power adders to get much higher.
    2003 SRT-4

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.