sti vs porsche carera
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on sti vs porsche carera within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I work in a window tinting shop, and this guy comes to me and tells me to tint his windows ...

sti vs porsche carera

I work in a window tinting shop, and this guy comes to me and tells me to tint his windows on his "hot new carera" for like dirt cheap. I gave him my price and his head went through the roof. C'mon your driving a porsche and you cant afford $60 for 2 front doors tinted. He wanted me to do it for $20. We walked around his car a bit...i complimented different areas and parts...realised it was a non turbo. And he kept hasseling me about my price. Then we got in a little conversation about my "little subaru" as he called it. He said it looked nice cuz it was blue...but nothing beats a convertable porsche. Then i told him that i'd like to check out how fast his car is. He says..."lets race for the tint...if i win though...i want the tint job free." Haha, i didnt care anymore...i just wanted to c how they ran and have some fun. To make this long story short...we went out to the highway...started from a stop...went to about 120...but right off the line i was about 2 to 3 car lengths ahead...and just kept slowly pulling away. That was about the funnest thing ever...but even the best part...the guy didnt catch up to talk, he darted down some exit and i never saw him again. Im fine with my "little subaru"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is hillarious! Too bad you couldn't see the look on his face when you took off... I'm sure it looked something like this

And really... $20 bucks for tint! $60 bucks sounds like a good deal to me. That is absurd, and from a porsche driver, thats just plain pittiful.

Good Kill man.

How much do you charge for a window tint on a '04 STi?

I always love to hear about a good Porsche beating

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What a ***** that guy was.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

I Support ClubWRX
    Excellent kill!! I don't see why this guy was haggling over $40!! what a tool...
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

convertible porsche, how feminine is that
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

I Support ClubWRX
    This story has to be in the "Best Kill Ever" category.

HAHA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails owned picture.gif  
    All show and no go . . .
    Your car looks fast, but why's it so slo.

2002 WR blue WRX (RIP)
    2001 Imola Red BMW M Coupe (sold... )

Originally posted by Hipswnger2
    HAHA

Dude....I got the biggest laugh from your avitat.....I know, I should not be picking on the handicapped but damn that's funny
    Volvo S60 R (as of July 05)

Formerly ka: BlackWrx
    SOLD 7/05----04 Silver STI
    SOLD: 02 black sedan, Lots of mods

OMFG

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

wow thats so good I gotta attach another one!
    Last edited by Trailboss; 12-21-2005 at 11:09 AM.
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails chirslamb.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

Peter North > *

Showed this post to my neighbor, who happens to be the proud (and happy to tell you how proud) owner of a 2002 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible. He believes that it is quicker because it has an auto' box. Long story short, my '02 is not up to the Porsche challenge, but if any STi owners in the Tampa Bay area wish to wipe the smug look off of a Porsche owners face, I'd be glad to introduce you. And the best part is that I'd get to see him every single day afterward...

P.S. - I feel that it is worth mentioning that his wife bought him the exact same car for his birthday, only with a manual, and he had her take it back for an automatic. What a *****.

I wish there was some test you had to take to keep morons like these from buying Porsches and making the stereo-type live on.

Porsches aren't mainly about acceleration. Acceleration is secondary to handling, and it's more about the perfect balance combination of acceleration and handling. So many morons go buy a 996 and then expect to beat Vipers, and Z06's and other muscle cars in a straight line. If they knew anything about cars, they'd know that if they want to beat an STi from a dig, they had better learn to drive first. Obviously, anyone dumb enough to talk like this about his new Porsche doesn't know how to drive.

Nice job making that guy eat crow. What a moron.
    I'm laughing that this idiot spent 70 to 80k and now has to figure out how he could possibly lose to a 30k car. lol

The 2nd guy w/ the tip tranny... is he nuts to think it's going to be faster?! WTF? It's considerably slower off the line. He'll get destroyed. Porsches automatic tranny sucks. The only exception is the auto they put in the Turbo. It's not as fast as a manual, but it's pretty darn good.

In a road race, the edge will be to any 996 even the cabriolet. In a straight line, it will be up to drivers with a slight edge to the STi for it's awd and launching ability.

Note: I have a buddy who is a head pro at a golf course here in town and just days after signing a $19 million deal, Penny Hardaway *****ed about $75 green fees!!
    Scott in Houston

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast