My First Kill !! WRX vs Monte Carlo SS

This is a discussion on My First Kill !! WRX vs Monte Carlo SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, I've only had my car for 4 days now and I have been really babying the crap out of ...

My First Kill !! WRX vs Monte Carlo SS

Well, I've only had my car for 4 days now and I have been really babying the crap out of it. Never going above the recommended 4k. However last night I was cruising around going to get some dinner when a new Monte Carlo SS came flying up behind me. I was like meh I'll kill this fool. So I played him off because I dont wanna over rev the engine just yet. However when he follows me into the wendys parking lot and talks some fun friendly smack about my Subie it was game on.

The big kicker was the road was slightly and very slightly damp from the rain we had at lunch and was almost dry. However I knew he was gonna spin cause of the oil deposits, and I would not. By the end of 2nd gear I had walked about a car and half on him and he gave up. He flashed his lights at me and gave me a thumps up at the next light.

Lots O Fun had by all!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The break in period........ You hear so much conflicting evidence on this. I have heard to never rev up the car to beat the living day lights out of it. I can only say that the 2001 1/2 VW Passat that I had was not babied when broken in, and it just got fater, and faster and faster with repeated abuse. When new the car had major turbo lag. By 5k miles it pretty much went away. At 20k the car was even quicker. Who knows if this would have happened if it was babied.

Good job with the Monte. The new ones are just fugly. My favorites were the 87 SS's. Maybe that's because they reminded me of the body style of the 87 Buick Grand Nationals. Aren't the new SS's pretty similar to the GTP performance wise? It's good to see that GM finally put a SC in the Monte SS, but I am not impressed by them at all. Also why in the heck are all GTP's and Monte SS's AUTOS?????????
    2004 WRX

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice kill. The guy in the Monte took it well--haha
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

We have a few mullet heads around here driving Monte SS's even with the Nascar looking wheels with the yellow writing (which adds like 50hp!!! ). And I think the mullet does to. They are always trying to race the imports. I have passed on alot of races in town. If we were in the country then it would of been a different story. I just can't stand it when I hear that they think we are afraid to race them. One of these days I will catch one out of town. Looks like you got a cool guy. Nice kill. I am waiting everso patiently.
    Last edited by Irishman; 04-01-2004 at 07:59 AM.
    2004 STi

I Support ClubWRX
    It ashame that they arent tuning out any sleepers any more. I think the only sleeper that GM really has now is the Caddy CTS-V. And since that costs so much...I dont think it fits the bill.

Why dont they take a little car...See (malibu) and toss an LS6 or a beefed up 3.8 blown motor in it. It seems like if it doesnt have a 50-60, 000 dollar price tag...you arent winning races with GM.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

What about that Saturn redline? I realise it isn't that powerful, but it will still suprise some people.
    -Andrew

Why dont they take a little car...See (malibu) and toss an LS6 or a beefed up 3.8 blown motor in it. It seems like if it doesnt have a 50-60, 000 dollar price tag...you arent winning races with GM.
    __________________________________________________ _

With the departure of the Camaro and Firebird there really is not a good performance value to be seen from them at all....... With the absolute lack of quality control I don't think I would buy anything from them even if they did.
    2004 WRX

The new Monte Carlo's are hot mom cars.....

nice kill
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Nice Kill.

The new Monte Carlo's are hot mom cars.....

No doubt, just like my mom's SC Buick Park Avenue Ultra. but a little lighter.
    2004 WRX

Originally posted by 302@12psi
    It ashame that they arent tuning out any sleepers any more. I think the only sleeper that GM really has now is the Caddy CTS-V. And since that costs so much...I dont think it fits the bill.
    The GTO is pretty close.