File under "M"
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on File under "M" within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Off the freeway and stuck at a light on my way home, the slow end to a dull day. I ...

File under "M"

Off the freeway and stuck at a light on my way home, the slow end to a dull day. I sighed just a bit as I reflected on the troubles of work, but my exhalation was cut short as I caught sight of a little black car in my rear view, quickly it was coming up behind me as if it intended to slam into my bumper but at the last second it swerved into the lane next to me. My eyes glanced down toward its wheels first it seems it is a habit for me to do so. Aftermarket, cheap looking but still, not stock for this previous generation Jetta, aftermarket always means fun could be ahead. “Curious” I said to myself as I reached down to turn off the radio, could be slow, could be stupidly fast. I turned my head back to the puzzle that sat next to me, there I saw its driver a dark haired Hispanic youth doggedly eyeing the opposing light impatiently waiting for it to shine amber.

“Troublesome” the singular word was repeated in my mind, it could be painfully slow, or stupidly fast. “A full out launch could be absurd, but I may need it.” A decision was needed.

I decided to err on the side of caution, I would let him make the first move. And that he did as the delicious emerald of our traffic signal ignited his front wheels screamed to announce the forward lunge of his gasoline powered chariot. As if by instinct my right foot depressed until, with the thud of pedal to floor it could go no further. I was off, all four wheel grabbing at asphalt to pull me steadily past my opponent. But what started as a steady pull ahead quickly turned into a sprint away, first there were 2 car lengths, then 5, then the shift to second. I lost count as the Jetta once again became a small black figure in my rear view.

After the next light, as we drove on at a gingerly pace we pulled even for just a moment. Long enough for the Jetta’s pilot to turn with a big smile and say jokingly “You win”. The smile was returned with a thumbs up as he drove away. No my friend, when fun was had by all, we all win.

This race has been filed under “M” For mismatch, no matter the flavor text used a race between a Jetta GL and a WRX is rarely exciting.
    -Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

haha
    wtf shakespear....

I was hoping this was going to be an M kill.

Nice narration anyway

PSYCHO!!!!!!!!!

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Very good write up on a very bad race
    2003 SRT-4

"M" for mismatch? I think you mean M for murder...

Originally posted by Trailboss
    haha
    wtf shakespear....

what he said
    Platinum WRX Wagon Cobb Stage2
    TXS stealth back/UP with custom Magnaflow muffler
    whiteline adj rear sb, whiteline Antilift kit, whiteline rear strut brace, front strut brace, MRT lightened pulley
    No more AEM Cai ! , 3/16 mod, Grounding mod, Kartboy SS and bushing, Autometer 3 gauge pack and A-pillar

I Support ClubWRX
    That was painful to read...i only read half of it and I had to give up. And at the end...it wasnt even a good race.....grrrlaksjfalskfj oh well....have fun.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Shakespeare? I don't look good in tights. Thanks everyone for the compliments, sorry for the pain.
    -Andrew

You may be a cunning linguist but im a master debator!!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You should write for "Car and Driver"
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

i second that!

Hmm, maybe I should find a race with a civic dx and maybe a gremlin, write it up and start a grass roots effort to get myself hired by C&D.
    -Andrew

Indeed, it was much better reading a good story about a bad race than a BAd sotory abOT a Goood RAvCe.

Originally posted by josnroh
    You should write for "Car and Driver"
    w3rd
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

dang it, that was a painful read, English is my second language, you know !
    my car is slow,,,,,, very slow.

Good story. When I saw the subject I thought, "w00t! somebody waxed a BMW!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.