friend bought new 04 SRT-4
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on friend bought new 04 SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Tommorow he is coming back home, and he will let me test drive it and then were gonna do a ...

Talking friend bought new 04 SRT-4

Tommorow he is coming back home, and he will let me test drive it and then were gonna do a roll race starting in 2nd gear. Hes pretty inexperienced driving stick so i dont wanna race him off a roll. I dont think i will beat him from a roll, but hopefully i can hang with him, we will see. My mods are Godspeed Uppipe, Stromung Downpipe, and Boostvalve MBC set at 15.5 psi. Do you guys think i have a chance from a roll, i know i can take him froma stop but what about a 2nd gear roll till about 100 mph?

-BobbyD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    should be close...

tell him nice purchase
    2003 SRT-4

It would be close but you should beat him.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Ya,hes actually my roomate. He bought the car today while i was in my chemistry class, and he let my other roomate and friend drive the car. They said it pulls like a ***** and they are pretty sure it will take me. Unfortunatelly, he left right before i got out of class, to visit his gf. So i didnt get to see it. But i was the guy who told him to buy it, he initially was going to buy a nissan spec-v, but i told him to take the SRT for a test drive. After he took it for a test drive he was sold. So hopefully tommorow he will be back mid afternoon, and we can take them out for a spin. Ill let you guys know how it goes, if all works well I can atleast stay close to him. If not, ill be looking at his black rear, lol.

-Bobby D

i'm going to buy one, someday. i'm that impressed with it.
    03 wrx - 300whp/270wtq
    Originally posted by zoophagy
    The people that work there are, for the most part, retards. I used to work there.

I think you should be able to take him. But probably be close. If he doesn't have a lot of exp you should be able to take him.

I Support ClubWRX
    Good luck. They are very quick from a roll. My friends stock SRT4 stays very close to my stock STi on a roll. He drops to my rear fender on "go", then pretty much stays there. And yes...I believe I can drive pretty well so it wasn't driver error
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I'm going with the SRT-4 for the win.

if it's a friend, don't worry about winning or losing. Just have fun! Safety first though

but I think with equal drivers, the srt-4 should get the edge on u.

Originally posted by Snowvert
    i'm going to buy one, someday. i'm that impressed with it.

Me too.

Btw, I see you're into Courtney Day as well

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.