RX-8 Nismo 350z
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RX-8 Nismo 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I recently raced 2 cars I have been wanting to race after my mods. On the way back from the ...

Arrow RX-8 Nismo 350z

I recently raced 2 cars I have been wanting to race after my mods.
    On the way back from the auto cross I saw a yellow RX-8 on the freeway. I had been itchin to race one. I had the utmost confidence I could smoke an RX-8 based on the numbers I had seen posted in magazines; just didn't know how much I would beat one by. At first the RX-8 appeared to be a VW beattle from aways away. The RX-8 came up fast on me so I knew he wanted to race. I was going about 75, and downshifted to fourth. I saw him in my passenger side mirror. I was going to pace him but he was trying to do a flyby. By then I was going about 55 because of the downshift; I wasn't going to let this RX-8 fly by me and think he was bad. As the nose of the RX-8 inched passed the nose of my STi, quickly I dowshifted to third; the engine speed quickly skyrocketed to about 5000 rpms, and I hit WOT. Pulled ahead of him by a carlength and shifted to fourth. RX-8 saw nothing but tailights, pulled about 4 cars and let off.

Now the Z............
    I had seen this guy zipping around town in his white 350Z several times before. He had passed me while driving down a residential street. The sound of his exhaust was impressive, I could have sworn it was stock. Right after removing my 100% atmosphere HKS SSQBOV, I had to take it for a spin. I saw the Z from a distance, and could tell what it was. I stopped and waited for him to pass, and then whipped a U turn behind him. At a stop sign he took off left; again the impressive exhaust sound. I slowed down at the stop sign and almost stopped, and at about 2000 rpms in second gear took off after him. Pulled HARD on him the whole way until I reached about 120. At first he had about at least 10 car lengths on me because I had slowed down at the stop sign. To say the least I wasn't impressed. I notice he had a Nismo sticker on the back of his car, my eyes turned to his tailpipe which was embossed with the nismo logo. Followed him to the freeway. On the onramp again I heard his exhaust so I hit it. I had to keep letting off the gas because I was accelerating so much faster. Once we were on the freeway I let him pace me, the hit the throttle and I was gone. He played with me a little bit and each time I pulled VERY VERY hard on him. When I was stock I raced a Z on the line and smoked him, raced him on the freeway and I slowly pulled from him. Perrin short ram and perrin catless downpipe made a HUGE difference!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BTW I took the HKS BOV off to put the stock one back on for A/F ratio

Uhh both of those cars would have trouble with a stock wrx. And why is this in this forum?
    Alex

So your mod is only the intake and the downpipe? how about the catback exhaust or anything? because i want to get the downpipe
    but keep the factory exhaust.

Originally posted by edykh
    So your mod is only the intake and the downpipe? how about the catback exhaust or anything? because i want to get the downpipe
    but keep the factory exhaust.
    There is no problem with getting a downpipe and keeping the stock cat back.
    Alex

Originally posted by afpdl
    Uhh both of those cars would have trouble with a stock wrx. And why is this in this forum?
    350Z kept up with a STOCK STi on the freeway. And YES I know how to race.

I know the RX-8 is no accomplishment, the 350Z wasn't stock. I was impressed with how much better I pulled on the 350Z after the intake and downpipe.

Yeah my mod list is short but it's not cheap driving an STi I'm not a rich man. I wish I would have bought a boost controller rather than the HKS BOV, I am going to sell it and buy a blitz DSBC

I stopped reading halfway through the 350 one so I didnt see that it was modded.

But still there is a reason this exist http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/forumd...?s=&forumid=11
    Alex

and why was that in this forum? this is a WRX forum is it not?

This is the sti technical forum. Your post had nothing to do with sti tech. So pretty soon once a mod comes along it will be moved to wrx vs. the world where it belongs.
    Alex

sorry i posted in the wrong area.

I Support ClubWRX
    So pretty soon once a mod comes along it will be moved to wrx vs. the world where it belongs.
    What he said. ^^^^

sorry, long day, just got here, can't stay long.

The story of my life lately...

<----lameass excuse for a moderator.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Originally posted by smorris
    What he said. ^^^^

sorry, long day, just got here, can't stay long.

The story of my life lately...

<----lameass excuse for a moderator.
    Just get your daughter autoxing

That is assuming you are who I think you are.
    Alex

At the AUTO X I saw a dude w/silver STi that had turbo back AVO exhaust, avo intake and inlet pipe, sway bars front and rear, and coil overs. I didn't race, but the other sti's without suspension mods didn't do so hot. I don't think they were very good drivers but, w/suspension mods I would imagine STi wouldn't do too bad. I didn't stay to watch the silver STi go.

Originally posted by slowmo
    At the AUTO X I saw a dude w/silver STi that had turbo back AVO exhaust, avo intake and inlet pipe, sway bars front and rear, and coil overs. I didn't race, but the other sti's without suspension mods didn't do so hot. I don't think they were very good drivers but, w/suspension mods I would imagine STi wouldn't do too bad. I didn't stay to watch the silver STi go.
    They do just fine on the stock suspension. Its all about the driver.

Ive beaten modded z06s before at autoxs and I have had my ass handed to me by stock z06s on street tires (with a national champion driving) So if the guy with the modded sti wasnt running chances are he hasnt before and wouldnt be anything special to watch.
    Alex

I Support ClubWRX
    Just get your daughter autoxing

That is assuming you are who I think you are.
    Smorris = Art Gecko

Smorris was taken... even two+ years ago.

(Sorry for OT Slowmo)

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast