If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4,
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4, within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; it would be: Neato. All of those gadgets only bring the weight up to 3781 pounds. Did you know it ...

If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4,

it would be:

Neato.

All of those gadgets only bring the weight up to 3781 pounds.

Did you know it had four wheel steering? I didn't.

When did they stop making this car? 1999?

I wouldn't mind having a VR4 Spyder. "A total of 1,618 Spyders were ever produced. 741 were the non-turbo SL model and 877 were the twin-turbo VR4. That makes the Spyder one of the most unique production cars in the entire world." <--From the link in the previous sentence.

-Jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4,

Originally posted by PlatinumWRX
    I wouldn't mind having a VR4 Spyder.
    Nevermind. It weighs 400 pounds more than the coupe! I don't care how much HP you have, that's over two tons of automobile.

-Jim

"315 lbs.-ft. Torque @ 2500 rpm"

I would LOVE to have that kind of high, low-end torque in my WRX!

As I was reading that I recalled that Dave Letterman had a VR-4. I read years back that he was caught speeding so much that his license got suspensed.

Originally posted by bedabi
    As I was reading that I recalled that Dave Letterman had a VR-4. I read years back that he was caught speeding so much that his license got suspensed.
    I am pretty sure he had a Porsche

Re: Re: If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4,

Nevermind. It weighs 400 pounds more than the coupe! I don't care how much HP you have, that's over two tons of automobile.

-Jim

yeah but your forgetting it is a hard top convertable, fuk da wight man, when you got a vr4 spyder you put yo pimp hat on and drive real slow.

And when someone wants to race you say ...brb....you go home and get your 700hp/gutted vr4 out thats the same color as the spyder
    A pearl white 1994 3000gt 49,900 miles....

never driven/ridden in anything that puts me back in the seat so hard on a launch....amazing...
    1992 3000gt vr4
    blitz sbc-dc boost controller
    k&n fipk
    stillen downpipe
    blitz super sound blow-off valve
    greddy cat-back exhaust

3000gt-
    Seems like a great car. Then I see those Dodge Stealths with that crap spoiler on the back. The car just seems so common (like Maximas her in DC), VR-4 or not. Like Starter jackets back in the day.
    02' WRX Platinum Silver
    I like my car!

Originally posted by 2001S4

I am pretty sure he had a Porsche
    I'm off for a week, but I'll try to confirm or correct with a Nexus search. I tried a Google search and didn't come up with anything.

my father has a 1992 Electric Blue Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth CONVERITIBLE with 11K miles on it

you want to talk about a head turner!

Ive driven it many times and its one bad ass machine...its straightline fast but pretty sloppy hadling wise...

BUT MY WRX WOULD WHOOP IT LIKE AN UNWANTED STEPCHILD ALL DAY LONG!!!
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

Re: Re: If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4,

-Jim
    Ah man! Come on! You mean 400 lbs. would deter you from buying one of only 3 hard top convertibles ever mass produced? The VR-4 Spyder is amazing! I still can't believe that Mitsubishi had the balls to sell it. Everyone else turned the hardtop concepts down (Nissan, Toyota, etc.), but Mitsu jumped right on it.

And even with 2 tons of automobile to haul around I've seen them hit 13.0.
    -- Travis

'97 3000GT - Gone but not forgotten...
    '97 Eclipse GSX AT - Too many mods, too darn slow...
    '94 3000GT VR-4 M6 - Gunning for low 12s.
    '97 Supra TT AT - BPU+ shooting for 116 MPH traps

The VR4 was one of the prettiest sports cars ever made. Yeah, they weight a lot, but they have the power and tq. to carry that weight too. Now me on the other hand, I have one of the 5 FWD non-turbo to TT conversions. My car weighs in at a mere 3200lbs. and is putting down over 300hp to the front wheels The bad news is that my rear turbo just went out, but that now gives me justification to my wife to buy my new UPGRADED turbos I see 425-450 Front wheel HP in my near future, and that is something to be wreckin with at only 3200lbs. But I still have all the respect in the world for my AWD VR4 Brothas Cause hey, a 3S is a 3S is a 3S

Ty
    Speed Factor
    Speed Factor
    www.speedfactor.net
    Ty@speedfactor.net
    Phone - (215) 743-6919
    Fax - (215) 743-3757

When you need speed, we have the "X" factor

Speed_Factor,

I am not being a pain here, but how will you launch with 425-450 at just the front tires? Also at that horse power wouldn't it kill the daily driver ability of the car? With the front wheel drive all the weight goes backward lifting the front up reducing traction. Will it just be a 1/4 mile of skid marks down a track?

Justin
    Good judgement comes from experience,
    and experience comes from bad judgement.

Hi Justin, actually, this car is a daily driver now and will remain that way. That's one of the things we pride ourselves on, is the fact that we build cars that can go to the track and rip off a hell of a 1/4 run, but more importantly they will drive to the track and drive home. To maintain that type of a power level on a FWD car is a challenge, but it can be done. It's all in tuning and the suspension You dont usually drive around everyday driving running 20+psi, that's why you have 2 setting on your AVC-R For everyday driving I usually set my BC at .75-.80 bar. I also will be using the Nitto 555 drag radials for daily driving. Yes they dont get the wear and tear as normal tires do, but when you put down that kind of power you have to build the car accordingly, thus sacrificing certain things. As for when we go to the track, we will be installing a qauife LSD and running on slicks. We are also going to install a custom detactable wheelie bar to help keep the ass end from dropping down on the car at the launch. The launch is actually the hardest part of driving a car like this. You obviously cant launch at high RPM's, cause like you mentioned, it would just leave a 1/4 of skid marks. It just takes practice and skill to learn how to drive and launch the car. It is a MoFo at times, but thats what makes it fun, the challenge.

Hope this helps answer some of your ?'s

Thanks for inquiring,

Ty
    Speed factor
    Speed Factor
    www.speedfactor.net
    Ty@speedfactor.net
    Phone - (215) 743-6919
    Fax - (215) 743-3757

When you need speed, we have the "X" factor

Wow. Your father has a car that was never produced. So who did the hack job?

VV

Originally posted by a_is_a_1984
    my father has a 1992 Electric Blue Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth CONVERITIBLE with 11K miles on it

you want to talk about a head turner!

Ive driven it many times and its one bad ass machine...its straightline fast but pretty sloppy hadling wise...

BUT MY WRX WOULD WHOOP IT LIKE AN UNWANTED STEPCHILD ALL DAY LONG!!!

The 3000GT VR4 was the car I really wanted until I read that they have transmission problems. I know it is expensive to get them fixed and that you can't buy the parts yourself to fix them. I'll stick with my reliable WRX.
    The Left lane is for those going faster then YOU!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.