If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4, - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on If I had to pick one word to describe the 3000GT VR4, within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by nemesis099 The 3000GT VR4 was the car I really wanted until I read that they have transmission ...

Originally posted by nemesis099
    The 3000GT VR4 was the car I really wanted until I read that they have transmission problems. I know it is expensive to get them fixed and that you can't buy the parts yourself to fix them. I'll stick with my reliable WRX.
    This was true up until a few months ago. The parts were aprantly always available, it was just that due to some agreement with Getrag and Mitsu they would not sell them. But, after alot of effort from the guys at 3Si, there is now an open source for tranny internals for the VR-4 & RT TT. You can get a full rebuild done in the range of $1K if you know where to look.

Trust me, this is good news for me too. My second gear syncro is on the way out, and I was facing a $3K tranny replacement. Now I can get just the worn parts replaced and be out the door for under a grand. Whew!
    -- Travis

'97 3000GT - Gone but not forgotten...
    '97 Eclipse GSX AT - Too many mods, too darn slow...
    '94 3000GT VR-4 M6 - Gunning for low 12s.
    '97 Supra TT AT - BPU+ shooting for 116 MPH traps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Wow. Your father has a car that was never produced. So who did the hack job?

VV

R.Straman produced the dodge stealth convertables, and they do look awesome.

Never heard of him..I'll see what I can find.

VV

Carvaggio is now making convertible Z06s....for the tune of $80k

Originally posted by beast

R.Straman produced the dodge stealth convertables, and they do look awesome.

Originally posted by VetteVert
    Wow. Your father has a car that was never produced. So who did the hack job?

VV

stramann in california
    Silver 2002 WRX...far from stock

An error made on your own is safer that ten truths accepted on faith, because the first allows you the means to correct it, but the second destroys ones ability to distinguish truth from error.--Ayn Rand

That which has been is that which will be, and that which has been done is that wich will be done-so there is nothing new under the sun.-Solomon

not making convertible zo6s, just taking a covertible and dropping in the z06 motor... a friend of mines step-dad just did that and with huge 20s in the rear and 19s on the front paid a total of 65k all said and done...

now hes thinking of taking it to lingenfelter... !!!

def
    '02 WRX - 10.780 @ 136.23
    '07 TBSS - 13.466 @ 103.23

They may do that too, but they are making convertible Z06s. The real thing, with the top chopped. Check it out for yourself: http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/

VV

Originally posted by dug-e-fresh
    not making convertible zo6s, just taking a covertible and dropping in the z06 motor... a friend of mines step-dad just did that and with huge 20s in the rear and 19s on the front paid a total of 65k all said and done...

now hes thinking of taking it to lingenfelter... !!!

def

Most of The performance #'s on the website posted are so wrong.
    0-60 in 5.6 secs? .90 lateral G's?

Thumbs up VR4

I have a 95 VR4, and it moves and when my WRX is running out of steam the mitsu is just getting underway, but nothing compairs to the handling of the WRX. That is why I find myself driving the WRX most of the time, and I red line to shift change quite often, this boxer configeration can easly handle this. Think I am going to sell the VR4, fantastic looking car(black) but it is just sitting there. The WRX wagon has gold rims, silver and gold what a combo, still I can only drive one car at a time and the WRX gets the nod.

Yes I must admit that driving the WRX is much easier, easier to get in and out, more room for luggage and no limit to what I can do since it is still under warrenty BUT nothing beats the sheer power of the TT. I enjoy driving both but in different ways. I find the TT much easier to drive once in it, with the shifter being smoother and such but i still love both cars....actually three....
    First mission:
    1997 Reiger Wide Body BMW M3 4dr
    Just for looks.....

Everyday:
    2002 Rally Blue WRX
    Just for driving.....

My new toy:
    1994 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
    Just for FUN!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12