SRT vs. Boxster S - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on SRT vs. Boxster S within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX I just did a quick double check to make sure I was not crazy, and the ...

Originally posted by NJwrbT-WRX
    I just did a quick double check to make sure I was not crazy, and the Carrera GT comes with 19s in the front and 20s in the back. That is probably one of the greatest cars to ever be built. I am sure they did not put the bigger wheels on it for looks

-joe
    You're missing the point. Having different size wheels in itself isn't what's dumb, it's modifying a car that doesn't come that way originally. Obviously the Carrera GT is designed that way. The Boxster is not, and to modify it with different size tires is pure idiocy unless you care nothing about your car's performance.

FYI... The 911, the Boxster, the older cars 928, etc. Did not come with different size wheels.
    Scott in Houston

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd raced a boxter S in my rex a long time ago. when my car was still stock, and i wasn't that good a driver (much better now) it was at highway speeds. i took him around a turn, then we both punched it. i kept up pretty well, but still got left back.

it was some old guy, too

Originally posted by DEADPOOL
    Why on earth would he put 19's on the rear and 18's up front, thats what I like to call an idiot. Both cars are fairly equal in the 1/4 also, so its a drivers race. But with your mods it was no drivers race , that must have been ugly.
    A lot of exotics have bigger wheels/tyres at the back, check out the new Lotus Elise: 175/55 R16 front and 225/45 R17 rear it will reportedly pull > 1 G on the skidpan and destroy anything but a true supercar at the track.

I think it will out handle any aupercar on the track also
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Lotus's are very nimble, but "destroy any supercar at the track" yeaahhhhh right. Maybe an Auto-X or a really small track, but that's about it. They just don't have the power to keep up.

I don't think I've ever told anyone that I drive a Golf.

If it's a young kid or someone with any idea about cars I'll say it's a wrx. To all others, it's just a subaru.
    03 wrx
    karboy ss/bushings, blitz dtt, catless, prodrive axleback

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sweet

Originally posted by ilivas
    I'm not into compacts, sorry
    LOL, to funny, I'll show you how compact it is once it comes out your Mouth
    Stg. 0
    -380hp & 437lbs-
    No NOS

Re: Sweet

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    Thats funny, because I'm the same. They ask me what I drive and I say a Neon. Then when they see what it can do, then they tell me it's not a Neon, just looks like one

Here's a pix of my car with my now Fiance, scroll down for pix:

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41904
    Car looks good man. All I have to say is you are one lucky sob. Nice car, beautiful fiance. Congrats man. Now if I only could score a chick with my car. Wait a minute.... my girlfriend would kill me if that happened. OOps!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sweet

Originally posted by SRT THIS
    LOL, to funny, I'll show you how compact it is once it comes out your Mouth
    lol
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Why on earth would he put 19's on the rear and 18's up front, thats what I like to call an idiot. Both cars are fairly equal in the 1/4 also, so its a drivers race. But with your mods it was no drivers race , that must have been ugly.
    dont be an idiot. bigger wheels in the back means more traction and hes probley got like 18x8 and 19x9's in the back.
    your a f'in little B
    gvr4 464/2000

Originally posted by gvr4
    dont be an idiot. bigger wheels in the back means more traction and hes probley got like 18x8 and 19x9's in the back.
    your a f'in little B
    Stop with the personal attacks or this thread will get locked in a heartbeat.

Thank you
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Originally posted by gvr4
    your a f'in little B
    Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Do you have any idea who you are talking to .

Lets see, Ive been involved with professional racing for all of my life, so I know what im talking about. On a Boxster, there is no reason to go to 19's in the rear and 18's up front, it's sweet spot is 18's all around. By going to 19's in the rear, he was upsetting the balance of the overall car. So before you go mouthing off, I suggest you realize who your talking to first you tool.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

When a car comes with different size wheels etc, it has been set up that way for optimal balance of that specific car, it was designed that way. If you take those cars and then match the sizes front to rear, you will upset the overall balance of the car. This is the same for taking a car that has the same size front and rear, then putting different sizes, an upset in the balance will occur.
    "Celebrate we will, for life is short but sweet for certain"-DMB

Liquid - "yes sticky! hes a god now!"

02 WRX now JDM V8 STI (too many mods for my own good)

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Do you have any idea who you are talking to .

Lets see, Ive been involved with professional racing for all of my life, so I know what im talking about. On a Boxster, there is no reason to go to 19's in the rear and 18's up front, it's sweet spot is 18's all around. By going to 19's in the rear, he was upsetting the balance of the overall car. So before you go mouthing off, I suggest you realize who your talking to first you tool.

Don't you drive/used to drive a Boxster S too?
    2004 Black WRX Sedan

Mods = yes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast