Friend just ran 13.4@108
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Friend just ran 13.4@108 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; He has an auto 00 z28 coupe... the ONLY mods he has are lid & cutout, and this was with ...

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar

Friend just ran 13.4@108

He has an auto 00 z28 coupe...

the ONLY mods he has are lid & cutout, and this was with a 2.1 60' on street tires. He came over on Friday and I gutted his airbox and did the Free ram air mod...he gained 3mph from that and the lid!!

LS1 > *
    2003 SRT-4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Noob question here. What is a lid and a cut-out?
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Yeah LS1s are awesome. Little mods take you a long way.

Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    He has an auto 00 z28 coupe...

the ONLY mods he has are lid & cutout, and this was with a 2.1 60' on street tires. He came over on Friday and I gutted his airbox and did the Free ram air mod...he gained 3mph from that and the lid!!

LS1 > *
    very nice, but there are many engines that are > than LS1.

but for the price, its definatly up there
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Originally posted by ilivas
    Noob question here. What is a lid and a cut-out?
    a lid is a replacement for the factory air intake box and a cutout is a turndown cut into your exhaust after the cat but before the muffler.
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

Originally posted by DTR maxima
    very nice, but there are many engines that are > than LS1.

name some...
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX

Re: Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

name some...
    sr20DETT (silvia)
    RB26DETT (Skyline R34)
    2Jz-GTE (supra)
    LS6

Four that popped right into my head without giving any thought. I thought the last one would be a fairly obvious one

Let me say that I don't know if I can for sure say that these are far superior engines or anything of the sort... I think the LS1 definitely belongs in the company of these (although I think it's like half a step down)
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

Re: Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

name some...
    well, like i said, for the price its great, but ill try to stay around the price... relatively.

3.5Vq engine from nissan (half the liters of the ls1 and is bullet proof, won 10 best engine like 10 years in a row, and can be easily modded, not to mention 2 less cylinders)

E46(though pricier, I think the performance potential from that car in its stright 6 form is incredible)

v8 in 540i and M5 (once again MUCH MORE THAN LS1, none the less awesome engines)

b18C1 (acura engine found in GSR's. that 1.8L 4 cylinder can push upto 300hp without building up the engine)

vq30 (used in 4th gen maxima's and once again, best engine for like 10 years running and people are pushing 300-400 hp on stock internals with turbos, and a couple guys over 400 and running fairly reliably)

2JZ (found in supra. 3.0 twin turbo that can easily push between 800-1000 hp, although it is a bit of a dyno queen)

Rb26dett (skyline 2.6 TT inline 6 found in the R34. NUFF SAID)

(old DSM motors, not very reliable but produced insane hp and times for such a little motor)

i would put more but i am lazy. I wont name like porsche and others because thats unfair. and even the bimmer and skyline engine is kinda out of the ls1 league.

I will admit, its an awesome engine. and makes over 300 wheel hp stock

but to say its the best is hardly true. no doubt an awesome engine though. I know your not one of these people, i and know you through clubwrx and you are a very fair and open minded person. i mean nothing towards you, i just know a lot of people that will talk smack about an enzo because its not an american V8

no hard feelings intended
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

well, like i said, for the price its great, but ill try to stay around the price... relatively.

3.5Vq engine from nissan (half the liters of the ls1 and is bullet proof, won 10 best engine like 10 years in a row, and can be easily modded, not to mention 2 less cylinders)

E46(though pricier, I think the performance potential from that car in its stright 6 form is incredible)

v8 in 540i and M5 (once again MUCH MORE THAN LS1, none the less awesome engines)

b18C1 (acura engine found in GSR's. that 1.8L 4 cylinder can push upto 300hp without building up the engine)

vq30 (used in 4th gen maxima's and once again, best engine for like 10 years running and people are pushing 300-400 hp on stock internals with turbos, and a couple guys over 400 and running fairly reliably)

2JZ (found in supra. 3.0 twin turbo that can easily push between 800-1000 hp, although it is a bit of a dyno queen)

Rb26dett (skyline 2.6 TT inline 6 found in the R34. NUFF SAID)

(old DSM motors, not very reliable but produced insane hp and times for such a little motor)

i would put more but i am lazy. I wont name like porsche and others because thats unfair. and even the bimmer and skyline engine is kinda out of the ls1 league.

I will admit, its an awesome engine. and makes over 300 wheel hp stock

but to say its the best is hardly true. no doubt an awesome engine though. I know your not one of these people, i and know you through clubwrx and you are a very fair and open minded person. i mean nothing towards you, i just know a lot of people that will talk smack about an enzo because its not an american V8

no hard feelings intended

yes those are some remarkable cars, but again, I paid 12k for my car with only 36k miles on it and am making 330rwhp with $200 in mods, and staying completely NA...

oh well, we dont need to debate any further, I think we're both on the same page
    2003 SRT-4

Re: Re: Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

not stock w/ bolt ons.
    to get 300hp u need a turbo and all the fixings.
    2002 WRX silver
    -281HP/258TQ @ 16 psi

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Friend just ran 13.4@108

Originally posted by stickman
    not stock w/ bolt ons.
    to get 300hp u need a turbo and all the fixings.

Exactly, all of those engines take more then 200$ to get them even close to the easily boltonability of the LS1
    Automatic WRX Test Dummy/Pioneer. 11 Second Auto Club.

It all just comes down to what you like.

Personally, I wouldent let someone borrow a tool if it wasnt to be used on an imported vehicle.

Originally posted by CKxx
    It all just comes down to what you like.

Personally, I wouldent let someone borrow a tool if it wasnt to be used on an imported vehicle.
    what if it was a Ford Cosworth?
    2003 SRT-4

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotta show love to the Cossie!!!
    '03 WRX
    '01 2.5RS
    MODS | PICS | Dyno
    "Stuff sold by the gram is always going to be more exciting than stuff sold by the pound." - Jeremy Clarkson

what if it was a Ford Cosworth?
    *inserts foot into mouth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast