Friend just ran 13.4@108 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Friend just ran 13.4@108 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; gotta love ls1's. im sorry but none of the engines you listed above can even come close to the dollar ...

gotta love ls1's. im sorry but none of the engines you listed above can even come close to the dollar to power ratio. i can buy a 98 z28 for like 8500, get some juice slicks and a cutout and run 11's. its a great thing.

my car ran 12.9@110 with headers and a cutout and a lid only. 2.25 60ft on street tires. but that was a long time ago
    04 r1. 9's bone stock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How about a DSM? dollar to power I think it's better.
    Mods

Armed with a rotated Precision 6265 turbo at 35psi and a built 2.5 liter.

Originally posted by AmethystGTO
    gotta love ls1's. im sorry but none of the engines you listed above can even come close to the dollar to power ratio. i can buy a 98 z28 for like 8500, get some juice slicks and a cutout and run 11's. its a great thing.

my car ran 12.9@110 with headers and a cutout and a lid only. 2.25 60ft on street tires. but that was a long time ago
    there are many cars with a better dollar to power ratio.

2 examples right off my head are the 1st gen DSM's and MkIII supras. both can be had for under 4grand and modded to insanity.

as far as the 98' camaro goes... the engine is the only good thing about it. everything else is on par with a cavalier.
    no disrespect to camaro owners, but...... the LS1 engine is the only high point. and i think the over all reliability of the car cancels that right out
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by DTR maxima
    there are many cars with a better dollar to power ratio.

2 examples right off my head are the 1st gen DSM's and MkIII supras. both can be had for under 4grand and modded to insanity.

as far as the 98' camaro goes... the engine is the only good thing about it. everything else is on par with a cavalier.
    no disrespect to camaro owners, but...... the LS1 engine is the only high point. and i think the over all reliability of the car cancels that right out
    dont forget about the unbreakable t56 transmission and the awesome Monsoon Sound system...Not to mention T-Tops which IMO are an awesome option...

Dont knock the ls1 until you own one...
    2003 SRT-4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12