Encountered a new Mazda 3 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Encountered a new Mazda 3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Drove one at mazda rev it up this weekend. Has no power but it was an auto and a very ...

Drove one at mazda rev it up this weekend. Has no power but it was an auto and a very slow shifting one at that.

I fit in the driver seat comfortably and Im 6'4" didnt have to move the seat all the way back. It handled alright(they were on eibach springs and falken azenis)
    Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    "mazdaspeed" is definitely an oxymoron at this point...
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    "mazdaspeed" is definitely an oxymoron at this point...
    why you say that?

they never said it was blisteringly fast, just fun to drive, and that it is.

If it was a mazdaspeed version of the mazda 3 that had 160hp that felt like it does, then that would be a problem, but its not.

Registered User StoplightWarrior's Avatar
    Originally posted by DinoGuan
    why you say that?

they never said it was blisteringly fast, just fun to drive, and that it is.

If it was a mazdaspeed version of the mazda 3 that had 160hp that felt like it does, then that would be a problem, but its not.
    cause they're all slow and underpowered and have nothing to do with "speed"

It's like saying "Ford Quality" or "Honda Power"
    2003 SRT-4

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior
    cause they're all slow and underpowered and have nothing to do with "speed"

It's like saying "Ford Quality" or "Honda Power"
    MS proteges have great brakes, and great handiling dynamics both of which have to do with speed.

There are 3 elements to speed, they all have to do with G forces they are braking, handiling, and acceleration and no matter what you drive accleration is not the greatest of the 3. IMHO if you have 2 of 3 you have a fun car and thats what mazdaspeed has in all of their offerings.
    Alex

i also test drove a mazda 3 looks great handles ok but god are they slow. my friend had it for the day and he brought it over and asked me if i wanted to drive it. i'm not a fan of beating on a car that someone else is gonna buy but i couldn't resist. it was a big let down. i didn't slam the gears but it had no pull what so ever. 160 hp no way my friends 02 si has 160 and it feels like a rocket compared to that thing. overall a nice little car fun to drive but needs force induction ASAP

i also test drove a mazda 3 looks great handles ok but god are they slow. my friend had it for the day and he brought it over and asked me if i wanted to drive it. i'm not a fan of beating on a car that someone else is gonna buy but i couldn't resist. it was a big let down. i didn't slam the gears but it had no pull what so ever. 160 hp no way my friends 02 si has 160 and it feels like a rocket compared to that thing. overall a nice little car fun to drive but needs force induction ASAP

One thing I think perhaps you are all forgetting about though: the Mazda 3 starts around 14k for a new car. The MS Protege is a better deal if you want to go fast, you can currently get them for 15.8k I've heard. But, they don't have as many features as the 3. Compare the Mazda 3 to a basic Honda Civic, because they are in the same price range/class. The Mazda 3 has the highest hp/torque in its class.

-snowcat
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.